FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Isn't SkyBonus expiring tomorrow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1727882-isnt-skybonus-expiring-tomorrow.html)

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Heads up to others about to be booted out

Since my membership ends at the end of December, I have been strategizing the burning of my points balance.

Have already made a business class TPAC reservation for Mrs. SHIB.

Was reconciling my account yesterday and was reminded of how easy it is to not get credit in the SkyBonus program.

Even if you have your SkyBonus number in your profile, any time you deal with a phone agent to change a reservation, buy an FCM UG, apply an upgrade coupon, etc., you will lose credit for the itinerary unless you explicitly tell the phone agent to reenter your SkyBonus number. It will not automatically carry forward to the modified reservation.

I submitted my requests for missing credits, and got 24 hour turnaround. ^^^

And picked up an additional 450,000 points. :D

jspira Dec 22, 2015 4:05 pm

I found an easy solution as to what to do with some of the points before the end of the year. I'm giving them away, or at least my employer is.

Frequent Business Traveler (where I am Editorial Director) is giving away a Delta Sky Club membership as well as four one-day passes to the Sky Club (not to mention six copies of A Great Big World's latest album).

Everyone here is welcome to enter to win.

FBT Reader Holiday Giveaway: Delta Sky Club Membership and Day Passes, and A Great Big World CDs

NYCflip Dec 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 25903930)
Does the travel have to be finished within 12 months, or just the reservation made within 12 months?

IME, used and flown within 12 months of redemption.

gator21 Dec 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Just logged into my SkyBonus account. I've got to burn 2.1m miles and turn into certificates by the end of next week. Thoughts on usage? Not sure if we are going to do an international trip or not. Would like to get something with some flexibility (intl vs domestic, family vs self).

Renes Points Dec 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by gator21 (Post 25910105)
Just logged into my SkyBonus account. I've got to burn 2.1m miles and turn into certificates by the end of next week. Thoughts on usage? Not sure if we are going to do an international trip or not. Would like to get something with some flexibility (intl vs domestic, family vs self).

How about giving a bunch of Sky Club and FO membership to FT'er? ^

Or, getting 2100 HOOU coupons and share on the board! :D

babe11 Dec 24, 2015 4:13 am

Hi FTr's,

Just burned over 400,000 SB points for 3 one-way select fare upgrade certs (50k each) and 3 DL-T RT certs (85K each).

Will have to let 8,500 pts evaporate. Nothing on the reward list for my point remainder. Sniff.

Happy Holidays! :cool:

SamuelS Dec 24, 2015 8:53 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 25903971)
Since my membership ends at the end of December, I have been strategizing the burning of my points balance.

Have already made a business class TPAC reservation for Mrs. SHIB.

Was reconciling my account yesterday and was reminded of how easy it is to not get credit in the SkyBonus program.

Even if you have your SkyBonus number in your profile, any time you deal with a phone agent to change a reservation, buy an FCM UG, apply an upgrade coupon, etc., you will lose credit for the itinerary unless you explicitly tell the phone agent to reenter your SkyBonus number. It will not automatically carry forward to the modified reservation.

I submitted my requests for missing credits, and got 24 hour turnaround. ^^^

And picked up an additional 450,000 points. :D

24 hour turnaround? What??

I've been waiting since early October for them to correct incorrectly "denied" tickets, tickets posted at wrong level, or tickets missing altogether... Have called four times, and keep getting told I just have to wait. On my last call, they said that Skybonus has no service standard in terms of resolution. It takes how long it takes and yes for me that's been months.

To be honest, its such a drama to get the points we're actually entitled to that I am probably just going to give up (even though meet the revenue threshold etc).

How you got a 24-hour turnaround... Lucky you.

paterwdb Dec 24, 2015 9:08 am

I went back through two nights ago and pulled ticket numbers for any flight this year that I had done a SDC or applied a cert to, entered them all. All of them had been credited last night. So it was just 24 hours for me as well.

Amazing how the tiniest change drops the Sky Bonus credit from the PNR.

cfabar1 Dec 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I am having the opposite problems. Flights are taking forever to post.

19103_aa Dec 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Okay so I hit the spend but just added some new employees (had 3, now have 5). Do I need five employees with completed flights in 2015, or just the 5k spend in 2015?

ExArkie Dec 27, 2015 8:31 am

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy (Post 25919981)
Okay so I hit the spend but just added some new employees (had 3, now have 5). Do I need five employees with completed flights in 2015, or just the 5k spend in 2015?

My reading of the T&C is that there must be five employees with flights completed in 2015: "In addition, beginning January 1, 2016 the SkyBonus program will require that each SkyBonus account have a minimum of five unique employee travelers conducting eligible travel during each calendar year. The unique employee traveler requirement will be based on data collected from prior calendar year travelers and travel segments. Account qualification for 2016 will be determined based on data collected from 2015 travelers and travel segments."

hockeystl Dec 27, 2015 9:08 am

They are currently shipping HOOU coupons with a 12.31.16 exp date and SC passes with a 1.31.17 exp date

Seabilly Dec 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by ExArkie (Post 25921083)
My reading of the T&C is that there must be five employees with flights completed in 2015: "In addition, beginning January 1, 2016 the SkyBonus program will require that each SkyBonus account have a minimum of five unique employee travelers conducting eligible travel during each calendar year. The unique employee traveler requirement will be based on data collected from prior calendar year travelers and travel segments. Account qualification for 2016 will be determined based on data collected from 2015 travelers and travel segments."

That is how I read it as well. 5 employees have to complete travel during 2015 to remain eligible in 2016.

hensleyrob Dec 28, 2015 5:55 am

Originally Posted by NYCflip (Post 25905257)
IME, used and flown within 12 months of redemption.

I'm hoping that's not the case, I just redeemed points for a Hawaii certificate that I'm hoping to use in February of 2017. The terms are a little vague...

Certificate Validity: Certificate must be redeemed and ticket issued by the date stated above. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances.

Just mentions ticket being issued, not flown.

hockeystl Dec 28, 2015 2:55 pm

I want to give a shout out to DL's third party SkyBonus HOOU and SC cert vendor in South Carolina.

They are a new level of incompetent and it actually worked in my favor. I'm not going to get into details but check your envelope carefully. It happened with BOTH my recent orders. You might have a surprise in it. :D