Wiki Posts
Search

Sayonara FT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
Sayonara FT

Well, I've enjoyed sharing travel tips and stories with the FT community, but the increasingly intrusive and incessant overlay ads on the FT pages have become too much. Clicking on something now and again is ok but every singlel time I read a thread? No way. So, I'm out of here. Happy travels all, see you on the next DL conveyance or SC!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Well, I've enjoyed sharing travel tips and stories with the FT community, but the increasingly intrusive and incessant overlay ads on the FT pages have become too much. Clicking on something now and again is ok but every singlel time I read a thread? No way. So, I'm out of here. Happy travels all, see you on the next DL conveyance or SC!
Come back and see us from time to time.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Why don't you just get an ad blocker? I use Ad Block and it works great...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Sites such as FT need ads to keep the lights on so while intrusive, they are a necessary evil. ....... will revolutionize your web browsing experience. Give it a shot before you swear off of FT
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Flyertalk is a business not your friend.

Do you really think your loyalty means anything to Flyertalk?

Want ad-free forums buy ad-free forums.

Good riddance more threads for me to start.

Find another forum and don't let the door..... and all that

Just joking. Get an ad blocker.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: DL GM
Ha ha... OP admits enjoying and benefitting from this great FREE resource, then bemoans the revenue stream that funds it.

As others have already said there are SIMPLE and FREE methods to avoiding the advertisements if they really bother him that bad.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
If the OP is trying to read "orginal version" FT on an Iphone, I can see where he's coming from. Many forums are completely unreadable because the ad moves the discussion text to the side, and stops the phone's display from re-sizing.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:58 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krlcomm
+1 What ads on FT?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Originally Posted by TTT
+1 What ads on FT?
Ha Ha! Exactly!

For the OP: https://adblockplus.org/
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Looking up in my browser address bar right now I see an icon with a hand in a red octegon (stop sign), and the number 7 in a black box attached.

Anybody know what that means?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Looking up in my browser address bar right now I see an icon with a hand in a red octegon (stop sign), and the number 7 in a black box attached.

Means you have 7 ads being blocked by .......
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL GM

That means you're doing it right.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'm perfectly willing to see the ads (and sometimes even click on them). But I don't see any reason ft is improved by allowing it to run scripts, so it isn't enabled in NoScript.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Means you have 7 ads being blocked by .......
And I have the exact same thing. 7 ads on a page is a bit much, no? Anyhoo, I've been using ....... for years and it makes web surfing so much more tolerable.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I see 4 on this page: 1 just under the top, 1 just (one header line) below that, one on the right of an article, and one near the bottom. They don't bother me.

Some pages with more articles (I see up to 40 per page) show more ads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.