Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
Word of caution: Make certain your Skymiles # is in the AM reservation and sticks.
I had mine added by a phone agent (who then put me in AM+ seats).
When I arrived at airport for check-in, # was mysteriously gone from rez.
Added back in and was upgraded to Premiere at check-in.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'm on an ongoing quest to determine if there's any logic related to the order in which Delta elite upgrades are processed beyond status. Does anyone think that check-in time is a factor in upgrade priority--either positive or negative?

I've had such a mixed bag of experiences with upgrades that I am guessing that a limited level of logic applies but am curious if anyone has thoughts.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Have a question about preferred seating on AM. Booked ICN-MEX-LIM-MEX-MTY-ICN in Y, and am wondering if I can get AM Plus seating as DM ahead of time. Called a US-based agent who told me I'd need to do it within 72 hours of the flight but I've seen conflicting remarks about this everywhere.

1) Do I get AM Plus ahead of time? (i.e. at the time of booking)
2) Are Asia flights parts of DL's JV with DL?
3) What about MEX-LIM and MEX-MTY (although this is just a technical stop)

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2018, 10:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Have a question about preferred seating on AM. Booked ICN-MEX-LIM-MEX-MTY-ICN in Y, and am wondering if I can get AM Plus seating as DM ahead of time. Called a US-based agent who told me I'd need to do it within 72 hours of the flight but I've seen conflicting remarks about this everywhere.

1) Do I get AM Plus ahead of time? (i.e. at the time of booking)
2) Are Asia flights parts of DL's JV with DL?
3) What about MEX-LIM and MEX-MTY (although this is just a technical stop)

Thanks!
You can make the request through the Online Chat. Always works.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by SDQBound
You can make the request through the Online Chat. Always works.
So I take it that's a Yes for question 1?
Old May 5, 2018, 8:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Booked ICN-MEX-LIM-MEX-MTY-ICN
¿?¿?¿There'za flight from MTY to ICN ?¿?¿?

Old May 5, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
¿?¿?¿There'za flight from MTY to ICN ?¿?¿?

AM90 direct flight from MEX with stop in MTY.

AM NRT flight stops in TIJ if I remember.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AM90 direct flight from MEX with stop in MTY.

AM NRT flight stops in TIJ if I remember.
Very interesting!

A TIJ stop seems a little odd, but, I could see MTY, being a business city, adding a little business traffic to a flight to ICN. Is TIJ mainly a fuel stop?

Is MTY or TIJ a true stop, as in, can you book MEX/MTY or MEX/TIJ as a standalone flight on an int'l widebody plane?

Do the pax get off and re-board, or, just stay on during the stop?
Old May 5, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's done due to high altitude of MEX. However the flights are bootable separate. Ie MEX-TIJ or MEX-MTY, and TIJ-NRT/PVG or MTY-NRT , etc are all bookable standalone. There's no stop on the way back, just out from MEX.

I've not flown it myself, but I assume one must get off in TIJ/MTY in order to do exit immigration.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
So I take it that's a Yes for question 1?
Sorry, yes for #1 .
Old May 5, 2018, 11:00 pm

I've not flown it myself, but I assume one must get off in TIJ/MTY in order to do exit immigration.
As many times as I've flown out of MEX to the USA, I can't ever remember doing anything that resembles exit immigration?
Old May 6, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

As many times as I've flown out of MEX to the USA, I can't ever remember doing anything that resembles exit immigration?
They collect the piece of paper or verify passport means you don't have one. It's not like say CDG where you actually see an agent and are then in an international section of airport separate from domestic passengers.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:30 am

Guess I will find out later today. Currently in MEX, departing this afternoon. I have heard them announce AM flights yesterday and again today something about US bound passengers leaving MEX and need to be interviewed.
Also AM site has this on their English/US site: "Important Notice: Passengers Traveling to the United States Learn more "

https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/not...for-passengers

Looks like new process was required to meet US DHS requirements as of 26 Apr. Does sorta sound like Departure interviews for flights entering US from other places (ie AMS, CDG, etc..)?
Old May 6, 2018, 5:36 am

They collect the piece of paper or verify passport means you don't have one. It's not like say CDG where you actually see an agent and are then in an international section of airport separate from domestic passengers.
Collecting the half of the entry immigration slip doesn't seem to mean much. A coup'la years ago, I was going to MEX, and, on DOD, I opened my passport and I found my slip from the previous trip to MEX. I was afraid I'd have problems when I got there, but, nothing was said to me.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Looks like new process was required to meet US DHS requirements as of 26 Apr. Does sorta sound like Departure interviews for flights entering US from other places (ie AMS, CDG, etc..)?
Maybe it has something to do with a headline I saw yesterday. It read, something like:

- - Trump to Close Down the Country - -

I didn't bother reading the story, and now, I can't find it.

Edited to add . . . . After some searching for that headline, I think that was referring to Trump threatening to close down the government if he doesn't get funding for the Wall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.