FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Random SkyClub Rant: Why mix popcorn with pretzels? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1543142-random-skyclub-rant-why-mix-popcorn-pretzels.html)

underattack Jan 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Random SkyClub Rant: Why mix popcorn with pretzels?

The subject kind of says it all. For a short time, the Sky Club service chocolate popcorn. But then, they only offered the popcorn/pretzel mix. Why? If I want the two mixed, I can always take a scoop from each container and mix them.

mbwmbw Jan 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by underattack (Post 22183362)
The subject kind of says it all. For a short time, the Sky Club service chocolate popcorn. But then, they only offered the popcorn/pretzel mix. Why? If I want the two mixed, I can always take a scoop from each container and mix them.

No idea. Probably part or the new SkyClub monitzation plan. Provided a premium service by having some moron mix the two for you ;).

emrdoc Jan 19, 2014 1:58 pm

No room for an additional container.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jan 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Pretzels added to the popcorn? Answer is straightforward, pretzels cost less. Adding them reduces the cost of the snack.

Similarly, they are now serving olives with non-olive vegetable matter added.

Cutting costs.

After all, what do you expect for $695...?

tkey75 Jan 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Where did we leave that least substantive, most inane complaints thread?

eturowski Jan 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 22183987)
Similarly, they are now serving olives with non-olive vegetable matter added.

The new olive mix is gross. Olives can be spicy, but the spice in the olive mix is some kind of weird smoky (not chipotle) peppery stuff. Not a fan.

Bago'peanuts Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 22183987)
After all, what do you expect for $695...?

Exactly! And don't dare to eat only the popcorn and throw away the pretzels because you will be considered a GAMER!

StayingHomeIsBetter Jan 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts (Post 22184878)
Exactly! And don't dare to eat only the popcorn and throw away the pretzels because you will be considered a GAMER!

Precisely.

And, considering your screen name, I regard you to be an authority on the thread topic.

:D

xliioper Jan 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by eturowski (Post 22184037)
The new olive mix is gross. Olives can be spicy, but the spice in the olive mix is some kind of weird smoky (not chipotle) peppery stuff. Not a fan.

I don't mind the taste of the new olive mix so much, but the smell is truly overpowering. First noticed it in an ATL lounge last week. Didn't realize where the smell was coming from at first, then noticed it was from the new olive mix. Was in DTW this morning when they put it out after breakfast, and again the strong smell overtook the whole snack area.

Bago'peanuts Jan 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 22185554)
And, considering your screen name, I regard you to be an authority on the thread topic.

lostone Jan 20, 2014 10:11 am

Agree. It was a challenge to scoop up only the popcorn and leave the pretzels.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am

Bring chop sticks.

Given sufficient practice, you will find that they are a very useful tool in such situations. You can be very precise in what you select.

:D:D:D

rylan Jan 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Obvious example of the gluttony and waste of pax abusing the skyclubs. How many cups of popcorn do you brag about being able to eat while throwing out the pretzels?

Yes this is scarcasm :p