Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Random SkyClub Rant: Why mix popcorn with pretzels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

The subject kind of says it all. For a short time, the Sky Club service chocolate popcorn. But then, they only offered the popcorn/pretzel mix. Why? If I want the two mixed, I can always take a scoop from each container and mix them.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by underattack
The subject kind of says it all. For a short time, the Sky Club service chocolate popcorn. But then, they only offered the popcorn/pretzel mix. Why? If I want the two mixed, I can always take a scoop from each container and mix them.
No idea. Probably part or the new SkyClub monitzation plan. Provided a premium service by having some moron mix the two for you .
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:58 pm

No room for an additional container.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Pretzels added to the popcorn? Answer is straightforward, pretzels cost less. Adding them reduces the cost of the snack.

Similarly, they are now serving olives with non-olive vegetable matter added.

Cutting costs.

After all, what do you expect for $695...?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Where did we leave that least substantive, most inane complaints thread?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Similarly, they are now serving olives with non-olive vegetable matter added.
The new olive mix is gross. Olives can be spicy, but the spice in the olive mix is some kind of weird smoky (not chipotle) peppery stuff. Not a fan.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
After all, what do you expect for $695...?

Exactly! And don't dare to eat only the popcorn and throw away the pretzels because you will be considered a GAMER!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Exactly! And don't dare to eat only the popcorn and throw away the pretzels because you will be considered a GAMER!
Precisely.

And, considering your screen name, I regard you to be an authority on the thread topic.

Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eturowski
The new olive mix is gross. Olives can be spicy, but the spice in the olive mix is some kind of weird smoky (not chipotle) peppery stuff. Not a fan.

I don't mind the taste of the new olive mix so much, but the smell is truly overpowering. First noticed it in an ATL lounge last week. Didn't realize where the smell was coming from at first, then noticed it was from the new olive mix. Was in DTW this morning when they put it out after breakfast, and again the strong smell overtook the whole snack area.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
And, considering your screen name, I regard you to be an authority on the thread topic.

Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:11 am

Agree. It was a challenge to scoop up only the popcorn and leave the pretzels.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bring chop sticks.

Given sufficient practice, you will find that they are a very useful tool in such situations. You can be very precise in what you select.

Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Obvious example of the gluttony and waste of pax abusing the skyclubs. How many cups of popcorn do you brag about being able to eat while throwing out the pretzels?

Yes this is scarcasm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.