Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat assignments on DL-operated, AM-coded flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

I am looking to book a flight to PVR next year and AM is much cheaper than DL, so looks like no MQDs for me. As part of the itinerary, there is an option for an AM-operated flight JFK-MEX or a DL-operated flight JFK-MEX at the same price and about the same time.

I know I won't be eligible for upgrades on the AM flights if I book through AM -- however wondering about:

1. Is it possible to get upgraded on the DL-operated, AM-coded flight? I assume probably not in advance, but it is possible to get on the airport standby list or anything? I know that's a low likelihood of clearing but wondering if it's even possible.

2. Is it possible to get priority seat assignments on the DL-operated, AM-coded flight? AM.com appears not to let me choose a seat on that flight; I am wondering if once booked Delta will let me choose an EC or preferred seat? I would think so, given my GM status?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Elite
My experience: the airline that you buy the ticket through is the one that governs. For example: If you book through AeroMexico (with an AM flight number) that is on DL equipment, your flight is technically with AM and not DL (therefore AM rules would apply). However, I have had some "unique" experiences with Alaska Airlines (flew on an AA flight number on Alaska equipment but used my DL DM status and got an upgrade). So who knows what will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.