Search

MQM's with Westjet?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DM
MQM's with Westjet?

I thought I remembered Delta signing some sort of agreement with Westjet, but I can't find anything on the Delta website. Is it possible to earn MQM's on Westjet?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Not yet. As far as I know, and I've been watching this closely, there is no immediate plan to offer MQMs on WestJet.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Im planning a flight from Canada to Europe in May, and it shows using westjet for a segment from Toronto or Calgary and they both show in the MQM, so I beleive it will give you credit. I dont think there using any westjet metal today, but do a search for 6 motnhs from now and see the connections thru Canada
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Sky Club, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Westjet article in Calgary Herald

Thursday's Calgary Herald had an article on Westjet where the CEO indicated they had "applied for" code sharing with Delta. No time frame for completion was given. The second link is for more on their code-sharing strategy from 11/09/11.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...057/story.html

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...913/story.html
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Very interesting. Will be curious to see if MQMs are only on those DL-coded WS operated flights or whether MQMs will be on all flights once the agreement is finalised.

It would be a significant game changer for Delta in Canada if WS was to be a full mileage earning partner, but given WestJets own lack of proper mileage plan, I'd have to think it would only apply to DL code-shares. Even still, very interesting.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on this? The recent code share deal with Westjet mentioned the ability to earn miles on them, but there is nothing currently listed for them on the Skymiles earning page.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Nothing for Westjet on the DL partners page

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php

MO
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If the flight is booked as a DL flight with the DL code share flight number then you will get MQM and status bonuses.

If the flight is booked as a WS then no.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:49 am
twk

Programs: DL DM, Million Miler
Originally Posted by tentseller
If the flight is booked as a DL flight with the DL code share flight number then you will get MQM and status bonuses. If the flight is booked as a WS then no.
@DeltaAssist says this is not the case: "Unfortunately they're not a SkyTeam member. No mileage credit for the moment." When I asked: "Even on DL codeshared flights?" I got this answer: "Even on DL codeshare flights. No credit earned. Please continue to check online on the frequent flyer program. http://cot.ag/pufXZv "
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by twk
@DeltaAssist says this is not the case: "Unfortunately they're not a SkyTeam member. No mileage credit for the moment." When I asked: "Even on DL codeshared flights?" I got this answer: "Even on DL codeshare flights. No credit earned. Please continue to check online on the frequent flyer program. http://cot.ag/pufXZv "
@DeltaAssist is wrong on this one. Any DL-coded flight earns per the DL table, regardless of operating carrier. (Be careful of the footnote for DL-coded LUT fares operated by VA.) The agent is probably mixing up the issue of ST-coded (with a code other than DL) must be operated by a ST member to earn. Thus, booking a WS-operated, KL-coded flight won't earn since WS is not in SkyTeam.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:17 pm

I get everything I expect to see, diamond bonus and correct number of MQM (and an MQS). Here is the entry for a previous trip.

Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
If the flight is booked as a DL flight with the DL code share flight number then you will get MQM and status bonuses.

If the flight is booked as a WS then no.
Originally Posted by twk
Since ross123 showed his screen shot it saved me from having to do the same.
I have been getting 500MQM and 1250SM per YYZ LGA segment on DL coded WS flight.

It must be DL code share. It cannot be on YYZ YVR direct flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.