FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Ben Edelman site down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1360238-ben-edelman-site-down.html)

miro Mar 14, 2005 8:25 am

My backup seatmap tool is still running fine.
http://dlseats.statusrun.com/
Please use it until Ben's site is back up.

vinnmann Mar 14, 2005 10:45 am

Deleted

djlandkpl Mar 14, 2005 11:34 am

The Availablity Tool is dead. :( There's a post in Miles Buzz.

JPoor007 Mar 14, 2005 9:52 pm

The times and date on the seat map are wrong. Look up a flight and then look at the time. Example:

It reads:
Flight 261 From Las Vegas (LAS) to Atlanta (ATL)
Departs 123AM 15MAR, Arrives 124AM 15MAR, 0 Stop

But on 'My Itineraries' on delta.com it correctly reads:
Departs 12:30AM 15MAR, Arrives 7:07AM 15MAR, 1 Stop

javajunkie Mar 14, 2005 11:21 pm

Yep, I tried the "backup" and got the exact same results as you. :(

But the problem is I'm not just interested in the seat maps. I'd like to see the fare bucket availability. (Like Ben's Availability tool gave. ^ ) It seemed like it worked for me until late Jan, or early Feb. Then I got busy and didn't use it for a few weeks. Now it seems to be gone for good. I honestly hope not. It was a great tool with the only disadvantage being the up/down-time.

If anyone (Ben?) knows what the specific problem is and/or can let us know if/when this tool will be back, it would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

Thanx

JavaJunkie

vasantn Mar 15, 2005 8:01 am

Originally Posted by JPoor007
The times and date on the seat map are wrong. Look up a flight and then look at the time. Example:

It reads:
Departs 123AM 15MAR, Arrives 124AM 15MAR, 0 Stop

But on 'My Itineraries' on delta.com it correctly reads:
Departs 12:30AM 15MAR, Arrives 7:07AM 15MAR, 1 Stop

From Ben's site:

Known anomalies: 1) Disregard the stated time at origin and destination as well as the stated date at destination.

vasantn Mar 15, 2005 8:02 am

Originally Posted by javajunkie
(Like Ben's Availability tool gave. ^ ) It seemed like it worked for me until late Jan, or early Feb. Then I got busy and didn't use it for a few weeks. Now it seems to be gone for good. I honestly hope not. It was a great tool with the only disadvantage being the up/down-time.

I think you are referring to Matthias's availability tool; not Ben's.

javajunkie Mar 15, 2005 8:35 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
I think you are referring to Matthias's availability tool; not Ben's.

Ok - I could easily be confused. Which tool is it that reported the server up/down time when it was started? This says "Availability Tool 1.64" on the title bar. And now reports "ERROR: NO VALID RESULT"

I could have easily confused it becuase there are links to Ben Edelman's pages within the tool.

Regardless of whose it is, will it be fixed? If not, is there another tool that shows fare bucket availability?

KLC Mar 15, 2005 9:25 am

Here's a link to the other thread referenced above -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401428

See post #12.

It was great while it lasted!

miro Mar 15, 2005 10:52 am

Originally Posted by JPoor007
The times and date on the seat map are wrong.

They are. The system displaying the seat maps requires quite a few parameters. For example it requires that the caller provides the departure and arrival times. The system does not use that data for any other purpose than just displaying these above your seat map. In theory I could provide an input box to get the departure and arrival data from the client but this would be most cumbersome. Therefore I just pass a fixed string (123AM and 124AM) and that is displayed on your seat map.

Now when you click a seat map from your itinerary the itinerary system knows your departure and arrival time hence these will be displayed correctly. I hope this explains the issue a bit :)

Tennisbum Aug 25, 2005 10:55 am

Post SP2 problem accessing DL seat charts on Edelman site

Ever since installing SP2 on my computer I've gotten security alerts whenever I've tried to pull up the seat charts for DL flights on Ben Edelman's helpful site.

It's never been a problem (I just "allow") until last night: everytime I tried to look at seats, and after dealing with the alerts, I would just get an error message on the Edelman page. (Also, something odd was happening to the URL in the alert boxes.)

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, have you any clue as to what's going on?

djlandkpl Aug 25, 2005 11:23 am

I noticed a problem 2 days ago. IE is blocking the cookies to delta.com when you view Edelman's site. You should see a red eye at the bottom of your IE window. Double click it and it should show cookies to delta.com are blocked. Select one line and click the summary button. It will let you "allow" cookies from delta.com.

Tennisbum Aug 25, 2005 11:59 am

Thanks, I'll try that.

jimrpa Aug 25, 2005 12:30 pm

No Problems With Safari

I haven't had any problems accessing the site with Safari :D

Tennisbum Aug 25, 2005 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I haven't had any problems accessing the site with Safari :D

Please don't be unkind to aging techniphobes.

The weird thing was that I didn't have problems until last night.