FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Ben Edelman site down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1360238-ben-edelman-site-down.html)

thepella May 30, 2011 3:54 am

I found that if you first log-in to Delta site and then you look at Ben's page it works!

ComAirKid Jun 7, 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by thepella (Post 16472200)
I found that if you first log-in to Delta site and then you look at Ben's page it works!

thepella is correct. Delta.com is checking for an active session before displaying seat maps. The simple fix is to open a new tab (closing your browser is not necessary), logon to Delta.com, then run the seat map tool. This is also explained in my DLSM seat map tool http://cwsi.net/seats/dl/

Marq Jun 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Ben Edelman's Site

Anyone else having problems getting seat maps on Ben's site? Last couple days I have been getting errors on every flight I try. Does anyone know of another free site that I can check available first class seats when I am booked in coach?

thanks,

Marc

akonradi Jun 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Before you launch Edelman's site, open delta.com in another tab and log into your skymiles account. The seat maps look for an active session on Delta's website.

monitor Jun 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Ben's site is, as usual, giving me exactly what delta.com has. I do not believe that there is anything wrong with it right now.

Phil2016 Jun 11, 2011 7:17 am

I was having problems too, but then I did a check at delta.com while trying to purchase a dummy reservation and got the same error message. No surprise...the problem is with delta.com.

karatedad2002 Jun 11, 2011 7:59 am

Just used it and it is working. I have been having Delta web site issues over the past couple days with seat maps not being found and being unable to change my seat assignment. Sounds like it's hit or miss.

Pinehurstgolfer Jun 11, 2011 8:06 am

Maybe someone hacked into the DL site. Then again, why?

rrz518 Aug 23, 2011 10:48 am

Originally Posted by karatedad2002 (Post 16542438)
Just used it and it is working. I have been having Delta web site issues over the past couple days with seat maps not being found and being unable to change my seat assignment. Sounds like it's hit or miss.

It's not working again. The response has something to do with Delta Shuttle flights not having assigned seating (although I'm not on a shuttle).

I got into Ben's website and sent him a mail; he responded quickly and advised of a workaround (i.e. log into DL.com first, then try it).....that worked yesterday but today it's back to it's "old tricks".

Too bad, I really like Ben's site.

javabytes Aug 23, 2011 11:32 am

Originally Posted by rrz518 (Post 16978502)
It's not working again. The response has something to do with Delta Shuttle flights not having assigned seating (although I'm not on a shuttle).

I got into Ben's website and sent him a mail; he responded quickly and advised of a workaround (i.e. log into DL.com first, then try it).....that worked yesterday but today it's back to it's "old tricks".

Too bad, I really like Ben's site.

It's working for me as long as I'm entering in all of the fields. If I just put the flight number and date I get the error about Shuttle seating.

rrz518 Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm

What other fields might there be?

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 16978806)
It's working for me as long as I'm entering in all of the fields. If I just put the flight number and date I get the error about Shuttle seating.

I've filled out every field, and have tried this to the point of giving up. Feeling like a total idiot, and disgruntled that I can't use this (excellent) site

DaddyRabbit Aug 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Ben's Site

Originally Posted by Marq (Post 16540584)
Anyone else having problems getting seat maps on Ben's site? Last couple days I have been getting errors on every flight I try. Does anyone know of another free site that I can check available first class seats when I am booked in coach?

thanks,

Marc

Will someone please let those of us who do not know, the URL for the site and why people use it? Thanks,

DaddyRabbit Aug 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Using Correct Verb/Noun Agreement

Originally Posted by Marq (Post 16540584)

thanks,

Marc

Hello Ben:

I see you site and thanks. Will you please change the "Data is . . . to "Data are . . . The word data is plural and thus needs "are" not "is." Thanks,

turnpike17 Aug 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 16987674)
Hello Ben:

I see you site and thanks. Will you please change the "Data is . . . to "Data are . . . The word data is plural and thus needs "are" not "is." Thanks,

*your

monitor Aug 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 16987479)
Will someone please let those of us who do not know, the URL for the site and why people use it? Thanks,

The site runs a script that shows the seatmaps just as are shown on delta.com and the URL is http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/ . Right now it also is misbehaving for me. This is the first time I have had a problem but when others did, Ben fixed it right away. I'm sure it will be up and running properly in a day or two.