FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   U fare = 0 miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1317423-u-fare-0-miles.html)

msn bubba Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

U fare = 0 miles?

My company travel agency had some special tickets (warning) that they wanted to use for my latest business trip. It turned out that I was only charged taxes, with a $0 fare. It booked into U fare, so I thought I would be getting miles (medalion and pesos).

I checked my account today, and it is listed as 0 miles, fare basis not eligable for credit.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

rwoman Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm

A typical "U" fare earns miles.

Perhaps this was a consolidator fare of some sort...although I'm not sure of what class these show up as, I'm pretty sure they do not earn mileage credit.

You could always submit your BP's and a request for mileage credit.

msn bubba Feb 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks. I thought U fare received miles also. I am waiting to see how the return flight posts before I request the missing mileage.

view-with-a-room Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm

SkyBonus voucher and so no miles and the U fare.

Fare basis not eligible for mileage credit 0
Class Paid/Flown : U/U

BergerPHL Feb 23, 2012 6:25 pm

It might have been a Skybonus ticket, they do not earn miles

bartendress Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm

On a slight tangent:

Does DL ever provide mileage credit on a PNR that isn't borne of cold... hard... cash?

I would expect mileage credit on a eCert or eCredit that came from a cash fare that was not flown for whatever reason...

I would NOT expect mileage credit for Pay With Miles, Award Tickets, or eCert/Credit for same.

I read the OP and saw that the only expediture was "It turned out that I was only charged taxes"... My reaction was essentially, "Pay nothing. Get nothing."

Am I missing something?

rylan Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm

You can always try resubmitting for mileage credit, but if it is a skybonus ticket then no miles.

starflyer Feb 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Sure sounds like a "best in class" frequent flyer program to me. :rolleyes:

Often1 Feb 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by msn bubba (Post 18071062)
My company travel agency had some special tickets (warning) that they wanted to use for my latest business trip. It turned out that I was only charged taxes, with a $0 fare. It booked into U fare, so I thought I would be getting miles (medalion and pesos).

I checked my account today, and it is listed as 0 miles, fare basis not eligable for credit.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Call DL and ask before you make a false submission. Chances are that if it was a free ticket, you don't (and should not) earn miles.

Blame your employer, not DL.

javabytes Feb 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by bartendress (Post 18071651)
On a slight tangent:

Does DL ever provide mileage credit on a PNR that isn't borne of cold... hard... cash?

I would expect mileage credit on a eCert or eCredit that came from a cash fare that was not flown for whatever reason...

I would NOT expect mileage credit for Pay With Miles, Award Tickets, or eCert/Credit for same.

I read the OP and saw that the only expediture was "It turned out that I was only charged taxes"... My reaction was essentially, "Pay nothing. Get nothing."

Am I missing something?

A TCV will still earn you mileage credit if the fare purchased is eligible. (VDB vouchers, customer care vouchers, etc.). A bit different from a residual eCredit, but still along the lines of a "free" ticket. (There are also plenty here who would argue that an award ticket is not a free ticket.)

cfischer Feb 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 18071750)

I don't know of any program (significant carrier) where you get miles on a free ticket.

rwoman Feb 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 18071944)
I don't know of any program (significant carrier) where you get miles on a free ticket.

Right. :)

It sounds like its the employer's responsibility, not DL in this case, considering the employer booked the ticket...likely using SkyBonus.

:rolleyes:

RFDMinnesota Feb 24, 2012 12:00 am

Most certainly is a Skybonus ticket. If you go to the program's website and select rewards and then coach ticket, you will see that they book into U class and DO NOT accrue skymiles.

natas43 Feb 24, 2012 5:05 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota (Post 18072857)
Most certainly is a Skybonus ticket. If you go to the program's website and select rewards and then coach ticket, you will see that they book into U class and DO NOT accrue skymiles.

Nor are they eligible for upgrade

T.J. Bender Feb 24, 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 18071750)

Voucher travel aside, why would you expect to receive MQMs for a flight where DL isn't receiving a penny for putting your butt in a seat? I'm not sure any FF programs let you earn EQMs/MQMs on an award ticket.