Wiki Posts
Search

1 Elite flying with 4 regular

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
1 Elite flying with 4 regular

quick question about an upcoming flight. On Thursday I'm flying my family back to San Diego with me from Charleston. I'm a Silver Medallion (gold after one more flight) and have already called to get everyone seats by me so I'm good with that. But can I get them added to my reservation somehow so I can handle all the check in stuff and have them board in zone 2 with me?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL GM
The airline cannot combine multiple PNRs into a single PNR, so "no" you cannot get them added to your reservation if they're already on another one.

If the other 4 are your immediate family, you may be able to board them together with you, with permission from the GA. My experience is that this is a discretionary decision on the part of the GA. You'll probably increase your chances by asking the GA discretely before the boarding frenzy begins.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: 1FS Frequent Diner
What's an Elite?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by Trauma1
What's an Elite?

You are joking right ?
if you are not joking then, you become an elite member when you achive status with DL starting with Silver.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by LADELTA777
You are joking right ?
Yes I am, because it doesn't say the word "Elite" anywhere on any of the Delta cards that I have. That's been the case for several years now. I'm a Delta Skymiles Medallion Member.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yes I am, because it doesn't say the word "Elite" anywhere on any of the Delta cards that I have. That's been the case for several years now. I'm a Delta Skymiles Medallion Member.
My medallion card says "Elite" in very small font under the Skyteam logo on the bottom right corner.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
My medallion card says "Elite" in very small font under the Skyteam logo on the bottom right corner.
Conceded.

But Skyteam Elite is international.

Not trying to be nitpicky, I just get annoyed with the DYKWIAs screaming the word "elite" at GAs.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Conceded.

But Skyteam Elite is international.

Not trying to be nitpicky, I just get annoyed the DYKWIAs screaming the word "elite" at GAs.
Noted. I don't ever recall receiving EQMs on any DL flight. None of us are "qualified" to be "elite."

We could always scream "Medallion" at GAs ...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold

We could always scream "Medallion" at GAs ...
That's my point exactly. Those who are using the wrong terminology stand out even more.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
That's my point exactly. Those who are using the wrong terminology stand out even more.
I used the word "elite" simply to refer to holding some sort of general "status" with an airline as a broad term covering all "elite" levels across multiple airlines holding some sort of status
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
To answer your question, if you have them link the PNR's everyone should be able to get Zone 2 boarding and free bags etc.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I have been in a similar situation a couple of different times and never had a problem with my peeps being able to board with me in zone 1. But I do ask the GA nicely.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Originally Posted by Scott H
I have been in a similar situation a couple of different times and never had a problem with my peeps being able to board with me in zone 1. But I do ask the GA nicely.
I agree, we normally do that. But not only ask the GA nicely and discretely but also make sure that you and yours are "efficient" and therefore polite when boarding. You COULD give your traveling "companions" an incentive if you get an upgrade and offer the highest scoring family member the seat up front. (but don't forget to include yourself in the scoring process - you can trust yourself to be fair right? :-)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Originally Posted by mlad1101
To answer your question, if you have them link the PNR's everyone should be able to get Zone 2 boarding and free bags etc.
Not true. This past weekend linked myself and wife's PNR (I was on company paid tix, she came along for weekend on separate PNR) and while I was Zone 2, she got Zone 4 (even as a DL AMex Plat which ticked her off a little).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.