Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn SkyMiles on AF flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Earn SkyMiles on AF flight

Hello, I am hoping that someone will be able to help.
Planning to fly round trip (business class) from MSP to CAI via AF.
Planning to book through AF since the price comes out 3-4weeks earlier than DL and is close to $1000 less expensive compared to if I were to wait for it on the DL website.
Will I be able to earn SkyMiles if I do this? How do they do the calculations? Will it be similar to or close to if I were to purchase it through DL?
Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Welcome to Flyertalk. Yes, you will be able to earn Skymiles when booked through AF: see https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners. It all depends on the price paid and booking class whether you earn more with DL vs. with AF, so you can just do the calculations and see what works best for you..
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Welcome to Flyertalk. Yes, you will be able to earn Skymiles when booked through AF: see https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners. It all depends on the price paid and booking class whether you earn more with DL vs. with AF, so you can just do the calculations and see what works best for you..
flying business you will earn way more miles than if on DL flight numbers. AF marketed flights earn by distance flown with a class multiplier then your medallion multiplier. I recent flew rt nyc-cdg-Mru in AF Z and earned over 60k redeemable miles. It’s a great DL earning method.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Lokeymd
…Will I be able to earn SkyMiles if I do this?…
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk!

I was in a similar situation a few months ago, planning a trip from the US to Cairo. I took Air France, including Air France marketed flights, because the price was lower than if I booked the itinerary as Delta marketed flights. I was in premium economy.

When I made the booking, I entered my SkyMiles number in the Air France website. When I arrived to check in for my flights both on the outbound and on the return, I was told that my SkyMiles number was not in the system. Both times the agent added it during check-in. The SkyMiles showed up within a couple of days of each flight sequence. So if you do book via Air France, I suggest that you confirm that your SkyMiles number is in the system when you check in, and that it shows on your boarding pass.

Have a safe trip!
miles4CDG likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.