FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Lounge Access in Moscow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1123756-lounge-access-moscow.html)

Xeno May 23, 2011 11:52 am

Originally Posted by eheinz (Post 16435062)
DL now flies from SVO-2-D which is the larger of the two new terminals. There are three lounges there and you will receive a paper invitation at check-in allowing you to use any of them. I have been to two of them and they are essentially the same. None of them is a lounge that you will tell your grandchildren about, but all of them are comfy, not overcrowded, and with free wifi, as well as clean bathrooms and a shower. Food is along the lines of Russian-style open-faced sandwiches and the like, but you'll be fed well enough in BE anyway. As for drinks I seem to recall gin, vodka, cognac, beer, and of course water, fruit juices and sodas, plus a decent capuccino machine. Other than the Moscow Times all of the reading material is in Russian (but if you do read Russian, it's a nice selection.)

In short, it's a perfectly fine place to spend 30-45 minutes before the flight, but I wouldn't show up especially early just for the sake of the lounge.

Very helpful, thanks.

I am in a remote part of Moscow and I have asked to leave very early due to the rush traffic that was horrible even on Saturday when I arrived. It would be nice to have a little something decent to eat as the BE meal will not be underway until around 2 pm or so.

Dilemma May 23, 2011 12:13 pm

When I flew DL SVO-ATL in April, I flew Y and was not provided with an invitation automatically by the DL TA. I was also unaware that I should have asked for an invitation. So, when I showed up in the SU lounge, I had to wait several minutes before I was granted access, as the lounge dragons had to make a couple phone calls. They did not accept my GM card, nor my SkyClub card as appropriate credentials. They had to verify with DL that I was allowed in. As a BE pax, you'll probably be provided with the invitation automatically, but ask for one if they don't provide one automatically.

Other than that, the lounge was comfortable, relaxing, and have an airport taxiway/runway design on the ceiling.

eheinz May 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 16435267)
Very helpful, thanks.

I am in a remote part of Moscow and I have asked to leave very early due to the rush traffic that was horrible even on Saturday when I arrived. It would be nice to have a little something decent to eat as the BE meal will not be underway until around 2 pm or so.

Have you considered taking the Aeroexpress train? Depending where you are coming from in Moscow, it can be faster, and has the added virtue of being predictable in terms of your arrival time (assuming of course that you get to Belorussky train station in time to catch your intended train...)

@ Dilemma, my SO is a DL Gold and also faced trouble getting an invitation recently when flying AF to CDG. Escalating to the on-site supervisor did not help (in fact, he was rude as opposed to merely clueless). As a native Russian speaker she was able to escalate to SU's help line and eventually a pass was ordered for her with apologies, but it was a major hassle.

Xeno May 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by eheinz (Post 16435926)
Have you considered taking the Aeroexpress train? Depending where you are coming from in Moscow, it can be faster, and has the added virtue of being predictable in terms of your arrival time (assuming of course that you get to Belorussky train station in time to catch your intended train...)

I think I am in Porechnaya and have spent hours riding on the trains (and changed trains often) getting to all my appointments (always with a local). My host was 1 1/2 hour late picking me up because it took over 2 1/2 hours to reach the airport and that was Saturday around 4 pm.

One challenge about going to the airport is that I have not only a rollaboard but a large suitcase to carry several books and a lot of dress clothes (also for Sweden my first stop on this trip).

Thomas Hudson May 23, 2011 9:03 pm

I say they let everyone in and serve free Borscht... that way they can be as American and rock n roll and blue jeans ...

Xeno May 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I just wanted to report that I used Jazz this morning and was very happy with the lounge including food offerings.

desiguy2447 Nov 2, 2011 7:52 am

Aeroflot

The Aeroflot website has updated the Lounge access to reflect the Sky Team elite plus for lounge access regardless of the class one is flying in.

which is good as I just got to GM on Delta so will be using the lounge in April.