FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Lounge Access in Moscow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1123756-lounge-access-moscow.html)

DeltaJoe Sep 6, 2010 10:39 am

Lounge Access in Moscow?

Am flying JFK-SVO on Monday with 3-hr layover from DL to Aeroflot. Is there any lounge access in the new Aeroflot terminal in Moscow? I am DL Gold (nearing but not quite Plat), Lifetime SkyClub (WorldClub) member, flying U fare.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. Final destination will be St. Petersburg. On the return I will have a 4 hr layover changing between Aeroflot and DL. Any access in the DL terminal?

United747 Sep 6, 2010 3:39 pm

I would say no because on the Aeroflot website it says just Skyteam Elite Plus or Aeroflot Bonus Gold. But just go and ask and see what happens.

Delta747

mersk862 Sep 6, 2010 3:47 pm

Looking on the Delta.com SkyClub locations page (which does list partner lounges a SC member can access), there is nothing for Moscow. You can try, but don't expect anything.

rankourabu Sep 6, 2010 4:23 pm

I was at SVO D last Sunday, there are two lounges in the new terminal
Jazz and Klassika.

But they are for business class and ST Elite Plus

The lounges are very nice.

DeltaJoe Sep 6, 2010 6:04 pm

Bummer...but that's what I expected. I won't be Sky Team Elite for another 4,000 MQM, which is what I will have on my arrival back in ATL. Thanks so much for the feedback from everyone.

DaddyRabbit Sep 7, 2010 3:48 pm

Sky Team Clubs

Originally Posted by DeltaJoe (Post 14612493)
Bummer...but that's what I expected. I won't be Sky Team Elite for another 4,000 MQM, which is what I will have on my arrival back in ATL. Thanks so much for the feedback from everyone.

Good luck to you. Not only will you need to be a PM or DM, but you will need your card.

MSPeconomist Sep 7, 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaJoe (Post 14612493)

The lounge is for SkyTeam Elite Plus, not SkyTeam Elite. As the poster above said, this means PM or DM only, so not all Medallions are granted access.

Davescj Sep 7, 2010 10:34 pm

FWIW, if you make PM on the flight to Moscow, you will not get a status boost as "you've begun travel" (what crap). Also, for all future travel, you'll need to delete and re-enter your SM number for the new status to show (also crap).

BUT, the real reason to post this: email DL customer service, complain your new status is not showing, hence no lounge. DL reservations CANNOT do this, you must email corporate (what stupidity in DL IT systems). But, usually in 24/48 hrs, they will manually re-enter and upgrade your status, allowing you lounge access, even though you don't have a pm card (some times).

Dave

eheinz Sep 8, 2010 2:29 am

I have seen signs in some of the SVO lounges in Terminal F -- I can't speak to the new ones in Terminal D -- allowing purchased access for 1500 RUB (~$50), in case it's worth it to you. Totally not worth it for the Terminal F lounges; could be alright for the Terminal D lounges depending on your budget. They're much, much nicer than the old lounges, but I wouldn't call them world-class or anything. Also beware that Terminal D is still very much undergoing construction and thus opportunities for shopping etc. are quite limited.

In your shoes I personally would follow the signs to the AeroExpress (train to Moscow), which will lead you right to the Starbucks (near entrance to the AE train platforms). (Unfortunately you'll probably have to make this call before you decide to proceed to the Terminal D lounges, as I don't think you can easily pass back out security.) They have comfy seats though I'm not sure about wi-fi.

Whatever you do, do not eat at the Hippopotamus restaurant in Terminal D. It is execrable. There is a TGIF in Terminal D that's acceptable (it's standard TGIF fare, same the world over) and does, I believe, have free wi-fi.

eheinz Sep 8, 2010 2:31 am

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 14617537)
Good luck to you. Not only will you need to be a PM or DM, but you will need your card.

Not that this will help the OP, but this isn't true at SVO in my experience. Lounge access is not granted by flashing one's card, but by presenting a voucher that is given out by the airline at check-in. Flying DL (and even SU, I believe), they should be able to see your status in their system without having to see your card.

3Cforme Sep 8, 2010 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Davescj (Post 14619431)
Also, for all future travel, you'll need to delete and re-enter your SM number for the new status to show (also crap).

SkyMilesInsider has addressed this specifically. Removal and replacement of FF number is no longer required.

As for no status change on an open itineary - that's the first time I have heard it.

Xeno May 23, 2011 10:15 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 14612111)
I was at SVO D last Sunday, there are two lounges in the new terminal
Jazz and Klassika.

But they are for business class and ST Elite Plus

The lounges are very nice.

Can someone tell me which lounge DL uses for a BE ticket and give more information about the lounge?

akonradi May 23, 2011 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 16434617)
Can someone tell me which lounge DL uses for a BE ticket and give more information about the lounge?

Since SU is a SkyTeam partner, you can use any of their lounges with a same day BE flight on Delta.

Xeno May 23, 2011 11:08 am

Originally Posted by akonradi (Post 16434792)
Since SU is a SkyTeam partner, you can use any of their lounges with a same day BE flight on Delta.

Thanks, but are there advantages of one over the other?

eheinz May 23, 2011 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 16434617)

DL now flies from SVO-2-D which is the larger of the two new terminals. There are three lounges there and you will receive a paper invitation at check-in allowing you to use any of them. I have been to two of them and they are essentially the same. None of them is a lounge that you will tell your grandchildren about, but all of them are comfy, not overcrowded, and with free wifi, as well as clean bathrooms and a shower. Food is along the lines of Russian-style open-faced sandwiches and the like, but you'll be fed well enough in BE anyway. As for drinks I seem to recall gin, vodka, cognac, beer, and of course water, fruit juices and sodas, plus a decent capuccino machine. Other than the Moscow Times all of the reading material is in Russian (but if you do read Russian, it's a nice selection.)

In short, it's a perfectly fine place to spend 30-45 minutes before the flight, but I wouldn't show up especially early just for the sake of the lounge.