Wiki Posts
Search

CZ lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
CZ lounge

was flying SHA (Shanghai) to SZX (Shenzen) a few days ago as a ST Elite plus. was denied entry to the CZ operated lounge. The reason given: i was flying China domestic flight.

where is the rule for this?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by pbd456
was flying SHA (Shanghai) to SZX (Shenzen) a few days ago as a ST Elite plus. was denied entry to the CZ operated lounge. The reason given: i was flying China domestic flight.

where is the rule for this?
From skyteam.com:

SkyTeam Elite Plus* members, regardless of their travel class, also have access to most SkyTeam lounges as long as travel is in conjunction with a same-day international connection on a SkyTeam-operated flight. In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest to join them in the lounge.

This is one area where SkyTeam lacks compared to Star Alliance and oneworld in that an international itinerary is required. While AA/US/UA/CO all prohibit access to their lounges on domestic itineraries, they still get access on domestic flights on other airlines.

This is one area where I think SkyTeam rules need a bit of updating (and I do plan on bringing up some of the lack of benefits for SkyTeam Elite Plus vs. Star Alliance Gold at the Delta DO in October...).
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
Have had similar experiences in China. The lounges (in their eyes) are only intended for actual J or F passengers, no entry otherwise no matter what card is shown (Diamond/ST Elite +/SkyClub)/ Don't think this is actually correct, but it has been my experience with both CZ and MU domestic flights.

With that said, check the price for an upgrade... usually runs around $50 - $70 each way. CZ F is pretty awesome. Older seats and questionable meal... but great attention and service. Flew PVG-CTU (Chengdu) last week on CZ, and was the only one up there on an otherwise full flight. I seriously thought I was going to get a foot massage at one point. Turns out, actually just trying to put some slippers on my feet. But still, slippers? Anyway, really liked the service overall.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
I have tried to get into the newly remodeled CZ lounge in Shenzhen while on a domestic flight (economy) to PVG. I speak Chinese so had a good discussion with the lady, who had a nice chart and pointed out where their internal rules show I only get access when on an international flight leaving China, and no access when on a purely domestic flight. At the time I was PM but did not have CRC (oops, SC) membership anymore.

I forgot to ask whether I would get access if I was connecting inside China to a flight going overseas, though.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Thanks for the reply.

I never knew that i had to fly international in order to get lounge access. i thought it was like *A. oh well. i had a choice to fly via PVG or SHA. and i would have had lounge access in PVG via credit card.

in the grand scheme of thing, it is not a big deal. but it does make a difference about what flight + airline i will book as i am both *A Gold n ST elite plus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.