FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096856-2010-second-annual-delta-air-lines-flyertalk-event-october-21-24-2010-a.html)

longing4piedmont Jul 3, 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 14237573)
I am not seeing the special rates... logged in or logged out.

Same thing here if you booked the 20th....... If you start on the 21st it goes to the special rates......

fsfguy Jul 3, 2010 9:58 am

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont (Post 14237602)
Same thing here if you booked the 20th....... If you start on the 21st it goes to the special rates......

I had a little difficulty getting the rate, kept getting a message like no rooms available at that rate after logging in on page 2. I'm not sure exactly what worked but I opened a new browser tab, clicked on the link in the new tab and the rates appeared starting on the 20th.

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:00 am

Hello everyone!

REGISTRATION for ATL DO 2010 IS NOW OPEN!

http://www.atldo.com/index.php/registration

If you have any issues please e-mail - [email protected] or chat with ATLDO_Wes on Yahoo Chat or call (404) 910-3595

And don't forget to consider a small donation for the Delta Heritage Museum on the page before you confirm your registration.

me4yankees Jul 3, 2010 10:05 am

I am registered! Yay!

travelingsalesgal Jul 3, 2010 10:06 am

I, too, am registered! Yay!!! ^ for the registration process.. Super easy!

iTanNicNic Jul 3, 2010 10:07 am

Registered!

ULDB65 Jul 3, 2010 10:07 am

System worked perfectly, thanks. I'm registered!

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:08 am

cfischer wins the quick draw award

Not sure what prize you get for that but we will think of something. Congrats

cfischer Jul 3, 2010 10:08 am

registered as well ... Delta must be watching this :mad: now the airfare to ATL is $120 more than yesterday :mad:

DLNYC Jul 3, 2010 10:09 am

Registered!

Question: I registered for RWT 1...what is the difference between the two?

FYI: Had problems registering on Mac Firefox. Used Safari and had no issue.

SomeGuy Jul 3, 2010 10:09 am

I'm no better than 5th to register. :(

HRS Jul 3, 2010 10:09 am

Registration easy. See you all at "The Delta Users Conference"

Burj Jul 3, 2010 10:11 am

I'm registered...

I didn't register for either RWT as waiting to see what the schedule is and if I can take both...if not will have a hard time deciding which to take.

I am a little unhappy that the credit card information web page was NOT a secure page "https" but was sent "in the clear" so to speak...

Gargoyle Jul 3, 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by SomeGuy (Post 14238153)
I'm no better than 5th to register. :(

I had a little glitch at the beginning, it kept rejecting my e-mail and pw, I had to go back to the aardvark mailing list site and reconfirm my login. So, I'm probably way down around 8th or 10th on the list. :(

MikeMpls Jul 3, 2010 10:13 am

The apparently mandatory "charitable" donation of $5.00 per person in order to register is unacceptable and, I believe, a violation of FlyerTalk policies.

We would only be there on Saturday for RWT. It's enough of a hit to be assessed $95/head to cover, among other things, bus transportation that we won't be using (everyone will be walking to RWT) and t-shirts that we'll probably never wear. We had a nice, sweltering visit to the Heritage Museum last year and, to be honest, it's nowhere on my list of charities to be support.

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 14238161)
I'm registered...

I didn't register for either RWT as waiting to see what the schedule is and if I can take both...if not will have a hard time deciding which to take.

I am a little unhappy that the credit card information web page was NOT a secure page "https" but was sent "in the clear" so to speak...

Burj,

YOur information was transmitted to Regonline via SSL 128-bit encryption however because of the way the form was embedded in our site the URL did not change nor did the https. However everything we do with Regonline is SSL. Sorry for the confusion.

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 14238177)
The apparently mandatory "charitable" donation of $5.00 per person in order to register is unacceptable and, I believe, a violation of FlyerTalk policies.

No donation is mandatory and the screen will allow you to pass without any amount.

Gargoyle Jul 3, 2010 10:15 am

It wasn't mandatory. I left it zero because I want to wait till the event, in hopes my economy has rebounded by then. This leaves me with potential for a better donation.

gplates Jul 3, 2010 10:15 am

registered successful !! looking forward to the event !

Robert Leach Jul 3, 2010 10:16 am

It wasn't mandatory. If you put a zero in the field, it won't accept it, but if you just leave the field blank, it goes through with no donation.

cfischer Jul 3, 2010 10:16 am

Yeah, I wasn't happy about this either. I HATE forced contributions ... can a get a tax receipt ;)

WBurcham Jul 3, 2010 10:16 am

I saw no such donation. Maybe it was specific to you?

cfischer Jul 3, 2010 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Robert Leach (Post 14238189)
It wasn't mandatory. If you put a zero in the field, it won't accept it, but if you just leave the field blank, it goes through with no donation.

makes it even worse that they display a $5 contribution is minimum :td:

Gargoyle Jul 3, 2010 10:17 am

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 14238193)

Medallions are exempt.
WN fliers have to pay the extra fee.

:D

BOS2LHR Jul 3, 2010 10:18 am

I'm in! I got hung up a little when I tried to undo an "add another person", but eventually got it sorted.

mersk862 Jul 3, 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 14238193)

I do not recall having to donate - the fees that I paid were consistent with what I was told they would be.

Sez_Who Jul 3, 2010 10:18 am

Obviously not first but I am all in! Thanks guys for putting everything together for the DO. The registration was excellent, so easy.

The only things I need to add are flts and hotel. Will look at the flts now, then take care of the hotel when things work out for the rates Wed-Sun.

Special thanks for tying in the registration date to the new DL BounceBack promo which began Thur.... Double SM if you use the Delta AmEx card.

You might want to remind attendees about the special phone number to book flts. This helps everyone in the end.

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 14238192)
Yeah, I wasn't happy about this either. I HATE forced contributions ... can a get a tax receipt ;)

Actually if you want one let me know at [email protected] and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

WesNSpace Jul 3, 2010 10:19 am

Anyone wanna guess the most popular credit card type?

mersk862 Jul 3, 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by WesNSpace (Post 14238211)
Anyone wanna guess the most popular credit card type?

It wouldn't be a US Bank FlexPerks Visa, would it? :p

WBurcham Jul 3, 2010 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 14238214)

I used my visa for both registrations.

longing4piedmont Jul 3, 2010 10:24 am

We would only be there on Saturday for RWT. It's enough of a hit to be assessed $95/head to cover, among other things, bus transportation that we won't be using (everyone will be walking to RWT) and t-shirts that we'll probably never wear. We had a nice, sweltering visit to the Heritage Museum last year and, to be honest, it's nowhere on my list of charities to be support.

You know I'm beginning to detect a general overall tone to most of your posts in DL forum..... I'm slow but I catch on eventually.......:D

fsfguy Jul 3, 2010 10:25 am

I'm registered, woo-hoo! ^
I want to do both RWT's if possible, I saw they're both listed on Saturday so, I wasn't sure how to convey that so, I registered for both.

ceieoc Jul 3, 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 14238214)

I used my Delta Skymiles Amex for registration. Hoping we all earn double valuable additional SkyMiles for this FlyerTalk event?

I noticed the registration form didn't request a Delta SkyMiles Number.

MikeMpls Jul 3, 2010 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Robert Leach (Post 14238189)

I tried 0, and it told me the minimum was $5.00. I'll try it blank.

Burj Jul 3, 2010 10:31 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 14238149)
registered as well ... Delta must be watching this :mad: now the airfare to ATL is $120 more than yesterday :mad:

Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...

MikeMpls Jul 3, 2010 10:31 am

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont (Post 14238236)
You know I'm beginning to detect a general overall tone to most of your posts in DL forum..... I'm slow but I catch on eventually.......:D

Sorry, but I draw a line when unexpected charges pop up like this.

mersk862 Jul 3, 2010 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 14238259)
Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...

I just started booking September travel last night, and I still have August to book as well...:eek: I'll probably book the flights as we get closer - I've tended to find that fares in the fall indeed fall (pardon my horrible pun) once we get into late summer.

WBurcham Jul 3, 2010 10:38 am

Then don't come.

Gargoyle Jul 3, 2010 10:38 am

Having trouble with the hotel registration- I follow the link, at first it shows the DL DO rate and proper dates, and then it says "Please note that the group rate you requested is unavailable. Available rates are displayed below. "