FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096856-2010-second-annual-delta-air-lines-flyertalk-event-october-21-24-2010-a.html)

Gargoyle Jun 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Koolaid enhanced with Woodford has the desired effect, ensuring our faithful loyalty.

Tomphot Jun 18, 2010 4:39 pm

All of the events are within 25 minutes of home - I hope I'm able to register in time - will be on a lake in Wisconsin during registration.
Even at the last minute, will be able to help out with volunteer duty.

dgxoxo Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I am no longer able to attend.

Canarsie Jun 18, 2010 4:46 pm

We have just received word from Delta Air Lines that the Executive Question and Answer session will be held on Thursday, October 21. As with last year, after some remarks but hopefully without a false fire alarm to interrupt me, I will introduce the executives of Delta Air Lines and moderate the session.

I am not going to reveal the list of executives scheduled to attend the Executive Question and Answer session this year as schedules could always change but, as was last year, I am proud to announce that Jeff Robertson, Vice President of Loyalty Programs at Delta Air Lines will once again attend.

Additionally, Delta Air Lines will sponsor lunch and dinner for Thursday, October 21. Thank you, Delta Air Lines!

The only other venue we have scheduled for Thursday, October 21 is the Delta Heritage Museum, when it is fully staffed.

More updates will come as we work on them feverishly behind the scenes...

fti Jun 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express (Post 14156953)
Looks like the award calendar is not going to cooperate on this. Would it be too big of a taboo to fly another carrier to the Delta DO?

LOL. When DOES the DL award calendar cooperate? :D

Italy98 Jun 18, 2010 5:21 pm

My offer to assist and attend, along with Mrs. Italy, still stands.

Originally Posted by Gargoyle (Post 14157612)
Koolaid enhanced with Woodford has the desired effect, ensuring our faithful loyalty.

+1 :D

Flyin'Mom Jun 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 14153905)

Operations Control Center
Technical Operations Center
Atlanta Airport Fire Stations
Road Warrior Training — Basic
Road Warrior Training — Advanced

OH LAWSY....you should give a girl some warning before you post something like this...I'm hyperventilating already!...:D

WesNSpace Jun 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Evening all!

Just one quick note. We are noticing that some mail systems (especially Bellsouth/Yahoo) are sending messages from our domain ATLDO.com to your spam. We are working to fix that problem but it might be a good idea to go ahead and add the following e-mail address to your whitelist, addressbook or approved sender's list. If you don't know how to do that check with your e-mail provider and hopefully we can get this cleared up ASAP.

[email protected]

Sorry for the inconvenience and we will get it cleared up as soon as possible.

The Mileage Millionaire Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Does my FlyerTalk signature preclude me from attending? :D

MikeMpls Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea (Post 14158696)
Does my FlyerTalk signature preclude me from attending? :D

They let me in. :p

Unfortunately my vacation is seriously limited for the rest of the year. This might be difficult for us to schedule except for the weekend activities. I will update http://www.easyvictor.org, regardless.

itsaboutthejourney Jun 19, 2010 12:57 pm

I'd like to be there!

fgirard Jun 19, 2010 1:24 pm

What's interesting is the US prices out cheaper than DL for PVD-ATL...I wonder if that would be taboo (connecting in DCA and CLT!)

WesNSpace Jun 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 14161535)
What's interesting is the US prices out cheaper than DL for PVD-ATL...I wonder if that would be taboo (connecting in DCA and CLT!)

We won't tell how you got there. The important part is having you there. Which brings me to another point in our little ATL DO adventure. This year on the registration form you will see a special section to consider making a donation to the Delta Heritage Museum. This non-profit arm of Delta is a great organization that has gone above and beyond the call of duty to track the history of Delta Air Lines over the years. If you are going to the DO you will get to experience it first hand.

As we lead up to the event we plan on having some special events to also raise funds as a group. I really hope you guys consider giving a little in hard times. Hopefully some of the things we have in store will make it worth your while.

However, we need your help if you are willing. ATLDiff has arranged for us to be a part of a special "Corporate" program that will allow us to get a free ticket to be given away at a later time. If you are flying Delta to the event please consider calling 1-800-328-1111 and using reference code NM5VD. The phone booking fees are waived for those taking part in this program using this number and code. Also you will save 2% and help us with our fund-raising goals.

Thanks-
Wes

Canarsie Jun 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by WesNSpace (Post 14162015)
As we lead up to the event we plan on having some special events to also raise funds as a group. I really hope you guys consider giving a little in hard times. Hopefully some of the things we have in store will make it worth your while.

Additionally, we are also considering taking a portion of the collected donated funds and giving it to one or more of the charities sponsored by Delta Air Lines.

Among other ways, this is probably one of the best ways to thank Delta Air Lines for all that they have done and are doing for this event.

Donations will be strictly voluntary and optional.

ifette Jun 19, 2010 6:16 pm

If I can register, it will be a heroic feat. I am flying AMM-CAI at 7:45, aka 12:45 eastern. Wish me luck :) I will be that guy they're looking for "Last call for passenger ifette, travelling to Cairo on Royal Jordanian 507" as i sit with my laptop registering for RWT/RWT2.