Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualification query; carryover or not?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Qualification query; carryover or not?

I know there were some threads on this which were helpful but I wanted to see if I could get some reactions to my particular situation. As of yearend I will have ca73,000 MQM, of which 10,000 are carryover from 2009. Most of my flying is international and so the domestic upgrade (which has worked very well the few times I used it) isn’t so important to me. I do like the Sky Priority security, boarding etc. I have a Sky Club membership but you can only use the CDG lounges (apart from 2E) as Platinum so that is a plus. My question is whether it makes sense for my to try one more trip (e.g, Bos-SFO ) to get Platinum for next year or leave it as it was with a substantial carryover to help ensure Gold for next year when my flying will be a bit more limited. I am inclined to the latter but would appreciate other analysis. How exactly would the carryover worik? Do I only carryover the excess of this year's actual miles, ie, 73-10-50=13?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
You get SkyPriority as Gold and my understanding is they are expanding the CDG club to Gold next year as well.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm pretty sure you should be carrying over 23K MQMs. The MQMs that rolled over from last year would have been applied to help you make Silver this year, so were already used. You then carry over anything in excess of your level (Gold/50K).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.