Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CZ coded MH operated flights- Miles in the Sky?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA WorldPerks

Good day everyone! Hope this week has been well for you all.

I have a question- would i get skymiles mileage accrual on China Southern (CZ) coded international flights but all the segments are operated by Malaysia Airlines (MH)? Assume the booking class qualifies. CZ being Skyteam partner and MH only Delta's partner.

So here's what i have done so far to determine the final answer- of course- to no avail.

I called up Delta Singapore office- they said no. I called up Delta Dallas office- the guy said yes. Not convinced- i called up again Delta US office and was attended by another lady agent. She knows insufficiently and has the worst attitude to be a call agent and argued with me that CZ is actually not a Skyteam partner. I told her to do her homework first on Skyteam website before speaking any further to me. I called again- and was attended by another lady agent- better this time. And she told me that i would get the miles. When i brought up the fact that i kept getting contradicting answers on this- she said that i should keep all my BPs and Eticket for any cases.

Anyone here has any definite answers or has gone through this kind of flight reservation? Would be great to hear the thoughts and insights. Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Looks like yes, from DL.com:

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkmn
Thank you for the reply bkmn.

China Southern:
Mileage may be earned on China Southern-coded flights operated by China Southern or any SkyTeam partner. Fares booked in M class are eligible for 40% mileage credit; fares in W, Y, T, K, H and G earn 500 minimum or actual miles. 150% of mileage applies only to F, A, C, and D class only. Mileage credit is not applicable for flights operated by Xiamen Airlines.

Yes- i actually read this before. Hmm- the first sentence- actually my first instinct told me that no i wont get the miles since MH is not part of Skyteam. But based on my knowledge on codesharing flights- this should not be the case. And the calls followed. Hmm...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by perks of the world
Yes- i actually read this before. Hmm- the first sentence- actually my first instinct told me that no i wont get the miles since MH is not part of Skyteam. But based on my knowledge on codesharing flights- this should not be the case. And the calls followed. Hmm...
Since you know that Malaysian isn't a SkyTeam partner, why waste time with the phone calls? No assertion by a Delta representative - be the agent in Singapore or a U.S. call center - is going to change the rules.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Since you know that Malaysian isn't a SkyTeam partner, why waste time with the phone calls? No assertion by a Delta representative - be the agent in Singapore or a U.S. call center - is going to change the rules.
Thank you for the feedbacks.

Malaysian is one of the airline partners of Delta. I had a recent incident on my Air France reservation whereby the website provided me the wrong information regarding mileage accrual and i found it out only through phone calls. So these days- not that convinced on the words printed on Delta website- especially when the integration is still going on and adjustments being made here and there.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
No assertion by a Delta representative - be the agent in Singapore or a U.S. call center - is going to change the rules.
True. Yet -- like with DL's marketing of SkyMiles to customers -- there's often a gap between what is the airline's (most) marketed policy and what is actually delivered to the customers. It wasn't too long ago that SkyTeam-coded flights operated by some non-DL partners would still get credited to DL accounts when check-in was handled by the SkyTeam partners for those codeshare flights operated by non-DL partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.