FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   CO poaching DL/NW Elites, SkyClub/WC members.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1003085-co-poaching-dl-nw-elites-skyclub-wc-members.html)

transportbiz Oct 6, 2009 5:28 pm

Good, as one poster says at least someone seems to want us. I'm one of the WP Plat customers, who so far is underwhelmed with Delta. (Before DeltaDiamond slams me for "whining" I'll just say, I already know how fervant you are for Delta...obvious by proclaiming as status level that does exactly exist yet).

I fly about 150,000 miles a year, I am plat on 2 airlines (NW/DL and CO) and the bag I have taken with me on EVERY flight for the past 18 months was scrutinized by DL agents at LAX this morning and being too large (YES it fits in the size wize). After being stopped by the third agent I was getting irritated.

On board the so called FC cabin had NO attendant, no drinks were offered as they were far too busy talking to each other at the entry door (mid cabin, 757-200) yes an "NW" flight. This was followed by a couple FAA mistakes, that I will NOT even get into here.

After take off the pax in the coach seats behind me were offered their first beverage service, BEFORE it began in FC. Which really is one of those "whatever" things for me...but all added up I am sitting there trying to figure out what service the new DL does offer.

Requests by several passengers kept being "forgotten", and again there was much conversation going on between the FA's. Even the last of the coffee cups and glasses were not picked up before landing.

Even the SkyClub at lax was lacking service, packed with ONE person handling the bar by herself.

So, while many seem to be perfectly happy paying a premium price for a mass market level service, I am not. I have not issue with paying more, but I expect to get service when I do.

NWA012 Oct 6, 2009 5:47 pm

Delta is doing the same - the match usually only takes about 24 hours on the Delta side. 3-5 business days is the guarantee though.

Denolloyd Oct 6, 2009 5:53 pm

Deleted

cielak Oct 6, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm gold on CO thru 2/10 and am currently gold on DL and will be gold again next year until 2/11.
Do you think CO will match my DL gold status thru 2010 even though I am currently gold now? I would not mind having the CO gold for another year seeing as we will be doing business with *A as well.
I didn't know if CO would extend my status for another year.
( I hope that made sense) :)

WBurcham Oct 6, 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 12546150)
Good, as one poster says at least someone seems to want us. I'm one of the WP Plat customers, who so far is underwhelmed with Delta.

On board the so called FC cabin had NO attendant, no drinks were offered as they were far too busy talking to each other at the entry door (mid cabin, 757-200) yes an "NW" flight. This was followed by a couple FAA mistakes, that I will NOT even get into here.

Ok you are complaining about poor treatment by ex-NW flight attendants?

ContinentalFan Oct 6, 2009 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 12544702)
I called the CO web support line on Sunday regarding an upcoming itinerary. The rep saw that I was a NW Plat and offered to match the status. I had already done so but it seems everyone at CO is part of the push to recruit DL's elites. Good for them.

It sounds like the gloves are off!

GUWonder Oct 6, 2009 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan (Post 12547356)
It sounds like the gloves are off!

That kind of antipathy is better than collusion and/or apathy.

Angust Oct 6, 2009 6:44 pm

Traveling the the SEA Worldclub this weekend, I noticed that DL/NW was also providing the little "MEMO" cards too...come join us..blah blah :D

It sort of reminds me of two parents fighting for custodial rights to the children.

troyintn Oct 6, 2009 6:45 pm

I know this is going both ways. you also have to remember, location also plays a big part in this. I was a NW guy to avoid ATL and ORD. I would prefer to go to someone else, but really can not. CO has ERJ only to IAH or EWR, not something I want. AA in ORD is not better then ATL, but AA has a big hole in the south. UA CRJs only and a big hole in the south. Like it or not I am stuck with DL. They have some holes like the Southwest, but it is the lesser of evils.

GUWonder Oct 6, 2009 6:52 pm

Does CO provide upgrades to elites flying CO on CO award tickets?

Doesn't it seem like DL has killed that elite benefit for now?

mike_plat Oct 6, 2009 6:54 pm

I was pretty impressed with CO's outreach/marketing. I got the spiel and the pamphlet when I went to the SFO President's Club last Monday. The problem is that it didn't make me forget that OP is a much inferior program to SM for my needs. I was Plat on NW, DL, and CO until 2/28 this year when I dropped CO. If I were to leave SM, it would be to someone other than CO. YMMV but CO Plat isn't very competitive.

mike_plat Oct 6, 2009 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 12547560)
Does CO provide upgrades to elites flying CO on CO award tickets?

Doesn't it seem like DL has killed that elite benefit for now?

CO emphatically does not upgrade coach award seats.

robbert Oct 6, 2009 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn (Post 12547463)
I know this is going both ways. you also have to remember, location also plays a big part in this. I was a NW guy to avoid ATL and ORD. I would prefer to go to someone else, but really can not. CO has ERJ only to IAH or EWR, not something I want. AA in ORD is not better then ATL, but AA has a big hole in the south. UA CRJs only and a big hole in the south. Like it or not I am stuck with DL. They have some holes like the Southwest, but it is the lesser of evils.

I flew CO on an ERJ for the first time in years and was pleasantly surprised. The seats are much better than what you get on Pinnacle or Mesaba CRJs, they have more padding and almost a pillow behind your head. It's still a small plane but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My choice for CO is mostly for international, while I like the fact that there are 2 other airlines in *A to choose from domestically. I rather have 3 small evils to choose from than 1 big one.

socrates Oct 6, 2009 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 12546941)
Ok you are complaining about poor treatment by ex-NW flight attendants?

amazing isn't it :) Perhaps he was luckier than I was in his experiences on NWA...yes typically NWA did predeparture drinks in F but there was enough times it didn't happen that I wasn't too amazed if it didn't happen (NWA did start a push to correct this shortly before the merger was announced)...note should be made I've also noticed DL missing this too but no more often than NWA historically has

thepointsguy Oct 6, 2009 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by robbert (Post 12548470)
I flew CO on an ERJ for the first time in years and was pleasantly surprised. The seats are much better than what you get on Pinnacle or Mesaba CRJs, they have more padding and almost a pillow behind your head. It's still a small plane but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My choice for CO is mostly for international, while I like the fact that there are 2 other airlines in *A to choose from domestically. I rather have 3 small evils to choose from than 1 big one.

Agree-the CO ERJs and Q400s are much nicer than the Delta tubes (CR1s).
I was contemplating a switch to CO because living and working on the west side of Manhattan, EWR is usually easier to get to (and much nicer) than JFK, their route times for regional routes are generally better/more frequent and I have Presidents Club access w/ Priority Pass. However, the upgrades out of NYC w/ DL are great. As a silver I was pretty successful and hoping even more so as gold and then plat. Upgrades are very important to me, so I wouldn't want to be at the bottom of the barrel on CO where it seems very difficult to get upgraded. However, seeing as a lot of my flying is regional anyway, if DL makes it impossible to book awards once nwa.com is gone, I may have to jump ship..salivating at the Star Alliance C and F redemption possibilities....