FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   CO poaching DL/NW Elites, SkyClub/WC members.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1003085-co-poaching-dl-nw-elites-skyclub-wc-members.html)

jacksafar Oct 6, 2009 3:37 pm

CO poaching DL/NW Elites, SkyClub/WC members..

I just arrived at the LAS CO Presidents Club. The super nice staff who I will most certainly miss seeing when CO leaves the SkyTeam were kind enough to hand me two pamphlets when I handed them my Lifetime WC card. The first was a No Enrollment Fee if you are a NW/DL flier and you join the President's Club now. It also said there are further discounts available for SkyTeam Elite members.

Also I was given a pamphlet entitled "SWEET - I'M STILL ELITE." Below the title it states: "WE'LL MATCH YOUR CURRENT DELTA AND NORTHWEST ELITE LEVEL IN THE CO ONEPASS PROGRAM." It says the matched status will be valid through Feb, 28, 2011.

Call 888-352-SWAP (7927) by 12/31/09 ... or email a copy of elite card and statement to [email protected]

I just found this pretty interesting... Maybe enough people will leave...

zman Oct 6, 2009 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by jacksafar (Post 12544228)
I just arrived at the LAS CO Presidents Club. The super nice staff who I will most certainly miss seeing when CO leaves the SkyTeam were kind enough to hand me two pamphlets when I handed them my Lifetime WC card. The first was a No Enrollment Fee if you are a NW/DL flier and you join the President's Club now. It also said there are further discounts available for SkyTeam Elite members.

Also I was given a pamphlet entitled "SWEET - I'M STILL ELITE." Below the title it states: "WE'LL MATCH YOUR CURRENT DELTA AND NORTHWEST ELITE LEVEL IN THE CO ONEPASS PROGRAM." It says the matched status will be valid through Feb, 28, 2011.

Call 888-352-SWAP (7927) by 12/31/09 ... or email a copy of elite card and statement to [email protected]

I just found this pretty interesting... Maybe enough people will leave...

At least someone wants the DL/NW customers.
DL does not seem to anxious.

gpan Oct 6, 2009 4:04 pm

Does anyone have more info about these further discounts?..4800$ for a lifetime PC is a bit of a difficult spot....

Stripe Oct 6, 2009 4:04 pm

I called the CO web support line on Sunday regarding an upcoming itinerary. The rep saw that I was a NW Plat and offered to match the status. I had already done so but it seems everyone at CO is part of the push to recruit DL's elites. Good for them.

WBurcham Oct 6, 2009 4:39 pm

Interestingly, if DL went after CO's elites, there'd be complaints about swelling the elite pool.

I wouldn't consider CO because I'm batting 100% on upgrades this year and that's almost all I care about.

diamondgirl57 Oct 6, 2009 4:54 pm

Bring warm clothes fyi

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 12545345)
Interestingly, if DL went after CO's elites, there'd be complaints about swelling the elite pool.

I wouldn't consider CO because I'm batting 100% on upgrades this year and that's almost all I care about.

Saw this after I called that Continental number, takes six weeks to process, only then does any one's elite status take effect, and no diamond level, only matches to platinum.

pbarnette Oct 6, 2009 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by diamondgirl57 (Post 12545610)
Saw this after I called that Continental number, takes six weeks to process, only then does any one's elite status take effect, and no diamond level, only matches to platinum.

Are you saying that it takes six weeks to process the status match if you use the info on the handouts? The processing time is closer to 6 hours if you do it via email.

DP-340 Oct 6, 2009 5:01 pm

SWU

Does CO have real SWUs? Something similar to AA's ExP or UA's 1k?

zman Oct 6, 2009 5:04 pm

DL has no Diamond level, yet ,and CO does not have a Diamond level.
So, what Diamond are they suppose to match?
Do you have a DL statement that says you are Diamond?

If CO is matching Plat to Plat that is pretty good.
Airlines usually do not match at the highest level.
AA will not match to the EXP level and DL will only match to Gold,

diamondgirl57 Oct 6, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 12545711)
Are you saying that it takes six weeks to process the status match if you use the info on the handouts? The processing time is closer to 6 hours if you do it via email.

I asked the very nice lady twice for clarification, seeing I have a few flights and wanted to know if my status would be acknowledged, she said again, it takes six weeks to process, once it is processed and verified, all elite status up to plat will be acknowledge by CO.
??

pbarnette Oct 6, 2009 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by diamondgirl57 (Post 12545831)
I asked the very nice lady twice for clarification, seeing I have a few flights and wanted to know if my status would be acknowledged, she said again, it takes six weeks to process, once it is processed and verified, all elite status up to plat will be acknowledge by CO.
??

Send an email with a scan of your card and statement to [email protected] and I bet you will have your match within 24 hours.

DLATL777 Oct 6, 2009 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 12545922)
Send an email with a scan of your card and statement to [email protected] and I bet you will have your match within 24 hours.

And top-tier status on CO after they join Star Alliance would mean top-tier * A status correct?

pbarnette Oct 6, 2009 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by DP-340 (Post 12545741)

No. No SWUs.

You can only upgrade with miles. For TATL, virtually all fares require 20k miles each way. Full Y (and maybe B, I don't remember) require 10k each way. It is 25k/15k to Asia. Most fares also require a sliding co-pay of up to $500 each way, but you can upgrade from any fare. This co-pay is applicable on flights to Hawaii, as well. Co-pays must be paid to be put on the waiting list, but will be refunded if you don't clear.

PMMMDL Oct 6, 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by DP-340 (Post 12545741)

Nope, but they will allow you to upgrade to business first with miles and a copay of between $0 and $500 depending on fare class purchased.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...rade/fees.aspx

pbarnette Oct 6, 2009 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 12545958)
And top-tier status on CO after they join Star Alliance would mean top-tier * A status correct?

Both Gold and Plat will be *A Gold. The two best features, IMO, of *A Gold are lounge access and an extra 20kg in baggage, alliance-wide.