Reload this Page >

food..food,,, feeding me ...feed me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

food..food,,, feeding me ...feed me

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Scenic, like Viking, is a river cruise line that is venturing into the ocean cruising business. T
I'm aware. And of Crystal, an ocean line getting into river cruising with a big splash. Everyone chasing that $$$....I don't cruise a ton but follow the news with some fervor - esp around small ships as we are vehemently opposed to anything big. And for me personally, 1900 is the largest ship I've been on and it was just a little too big for me ;-)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I'm aware. And of Crystal, an ocean line getting into river cruising with a big splash. Everyone chasing that $$$....I don't cruise a ton but follow the news with some fervor - esp around small ships as we are vehemently opposed to anything big. And for me personally, 1900 is the largest ship I've been on and it was just a little too big for me ;-)
Considering my wife is still fully employed and in a demanding position we still manage to cruise once a year. That doesn’t put us in the “super elite” category with hundreds and hundreds of days but we’re probably close to or slightly over 400 days in 25 years. After being pretty loyal Holland America cruisers we transitioned to Silversea six years ago. In the vain of this thread that was driven by a degradation in the quality of food, associated dinner service, entertainment, and lastly the transition of HAL to bigger and bigger ships. I think today we would shy away from any cruise line or ship bigger than 800 +/-. Silversea food is good to excellent enough for us, service is normally very good, entertainment is surprisingly varied at least for us, and their biggest ships right now are 600 +/- passengers.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I like cruising - but I also like exploring cities. My husband and I both still work, so we can't leave all the time - the reason we don't cruise more is that there are too many other non-cruise things we want to do ;-) But also, when you want to cruise on a small ship, options are limited and much more $$$ than the standard "big ship Caribbean" option where you could find a week trip for $500....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.