Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Does Capital One now deserve it’s own sub-forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Seems like with the introduction of mileage transfer partners (Miles Spark), CapitalOne might deserve a top spot for its own subforum thread on FlyerTalk. Amex, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, CapitalOne etc.....Thoughts?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I'm actually wondering if Diners Club and other lower-use mileage transfer programs should be combined. Basically:
  • Credit Card Programs (general questions about credit)
  • Chase/Ultimate Rewards
  • American Express/Membership Rewards
  • Citi/ThankYou Rewards
  • Other Points Programs (Diners Club, Capital One, etc. go here)
  • Manufactured Spending
I could be wrong on my impression of Capital One and Diners Club as being low traffic individually, though.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by tmiw
I'm actually wondering if Diners Club and other lower-use mileage transfer programs should be combined. Basically:
  • Credit Card Programs (general questions about credit)
  • Chase/Ultimate Rewards
  • American Express/Membership Rewards
  • Citi/ThankYou Rewards
  • Other Points Programs (Diners Club, Capital One, etc. go here)
  • Manufactured Spending
I could be wrong on my impression of Capital One and Diners Club as being low traffic individually, though.
As long as they keep denying applicants with long history I'm afraid C1 will have low traffic.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:44 pm

Although Capital One has upped their game going into the transferable miles program, I'd say they still lack the breadth of cards to earn their own forum. Maybe if they start to steal a few partnerships and put out some co-branded cards.

As mentioned by the others, they'll be relatively low traffic right now... especially to the majority of the most active members of these boards. From the sounds of many of the complaints about Capital One rejections, churners are pretty much SOL and I would say a good chunk of the more active FT members churn at least somewhat. More than Capital One would like in either case and that would further reduce traffic to a Cap One subforum.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
C1 separate forum discussion

Time to create a new sub-forum for Capital One, finally!!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
C1 separate forum discussion

There should be a forum for CapOne soon on FT as their rewards program becomes more mainstream, along with lounges and more.

Anyway I was at Denver Airport the other day and a lot of construction underway near/above the A26 (similar type entry above escalators to the Centurion lounge). Will this be the CapOne lounge?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
There should be a forum for CapOne soon on FT as their rewards program becomes more mainstream, along with lounges and more...
It would be helpful if C1 named their rewards program, but I would second the idea of a separate sub-forum regardless.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:13 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by blueman2
Time to create a new sub-forum for Capital One, finally!!
If Diners has a forum, it is crazy that Capital One does not have one
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator announcement

A few posters have expressed interest in having a separate Capital One forum. This thread is not the appropriate venue for that discussion, please join this thread in the Suggestion Box forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugg...one-forum.html

Note that the reasons for your opinion will be more persuasive than the opinion itself.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mia
A few posters have expressed interest in having a separate Capital One forum. This thread is not the appropriate venue for that discussion, please join this thread in the Suggestion Box forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugg...one-forum.html

Note that the reasons for your opinion will be more persuasive than the opinion itself.
Left my 2 cents in the thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.