Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Cards for Non-Bonused Spend?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by morphogencc
You can also us the US Bank Altitude Reserve with Android Pay to turn lots of non-bonused spend opportunities into bonused spend. It gets 3x on mobile wallet transactions, and an increasing number of both online and brick-and-mortar places accept it.
For in-person transactions Samsung Pay is better, cause it's accepted everywhere. For online there is Visa checkout integration being rolled out, so you will be able to use it online soon, but you will need to use a phone for that.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
For in-person transactions Samsung Pay is better, cause it's accepted everywhere. For online there is Visa checkout integration being rolled out, so you will be able to use it online soon, but you will need to use a phone for that.
Eh, there are still a significant number of places in the US where every mobile wallet is basically unusable. (Mainly restaurants and gas pumps, but a lot of non-restaurants also don't really make their terminals/swipers accessible to customers either.)

That said, it has gotten better over the last year. Unfortunately, based on my recent UK experience, we're still nowhere close to where we should be.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by tmiw
Eh, there are still a significant number of places in the US where every mobile wallet is basically unusable. (Mainly restaurants and gas pumps, but a lot of non-restaurants also don't really make their terminals/swipers accessible to customers either.)

That said, it has gotten better over the last year. Unfortunately, based on my recent UK experience, we're still nowhere close to where we should be.
There are no such places in US for Samsung Pay. The only problem is at gas pumps with recessed readers. If it sticks out a bit, I was able to use Samsung Pay there. In the restaurants I just ask to pay at the payment terminal, and pay there with Samsung pay. So far there was only one single restaurant where I can't pay with SP - Specialty's cafe. There terminal gives an error every time I try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.