Search

UBS Visa Infinite launched 5/27/2017

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 7:12 pm

Any recent thoughts on this card?
Old May 23, 2020, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by fireman4life
Any recent thoughts on this card?
Interested in this as well. Have been waiting to hear any DP on eGF...if eGC works for the 250 airline incidentals, I am in for sure.
PS: Due to Coronavirus, they extended the signup bonus needed spend period to 6 months total. So I guess 6 months are not unreasonable for $10K spend!
Old May 27, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Interested in this as well. Have been waiting to hear any DP on eGF...if eGC works for the 250 airline incidentals, I am in for sure.
PS: Due to Coronavirus, they extended the signup bonus needed spend period to 6 months total. So I guess 6 months are not unreasonable for $10K spend!
How much is a bonus?
FM covered those cards recently
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...-bonus-offers/
Old May 28, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
How much is a bonus?
FM covered those cards recently
Thanks, I just mailed in the paper app. Will circle back with any meaningful updates
Old May 30, 2020, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by fireman4life
Thanks, I just mailed in the paper app. Will circle back with any meaningful updates
Good luck! did you open an account with them or just decided to go with the half bonus of 25 + 25?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:41 pm

New terms:

$500 Dining and Airport Club Credit Terms & Conditions As a UBS Visa Infinite credit card account holder (Cardholder), you may be eligible for up to $500 in annual statement credit(s) to be applied to your UBS Visa Infinite credit card account (Card) when you make restaurant purchases (benefit limited to two restaurant charges per year) and/or charge the fee(s) for airport lounge access using your Card.

Who is eligible?

You are eligible for statement credits of up to a total of $500 annually if the cumulative spending on your Card was $25,000 or greater during either the current calendar year-to-date or the prior calendar year. The spend requirement will be waived if your assets held at UBS exceed $1million. The credits must be requested and will be no greater than the amount of the dining charges (up to 2 per year) and the airport lounge membership fees charged to your UBS Visa credit card account. Total spending includes all Cards associated with the same card account, and each card account is eligible for $500 in annual credits, including up to two dining credits and any number of airport lounge access credits, regardless of the number of Cards on the account.

How do I get the credit?

To request a credit, follow the “$500 Dining and Airport Club Credit” link on the Rewards and Benefits tab on UBS Online Services or call UBS Client Services at 888-762-1232. Please be prepared to supply the name of the restaurant or the airport lounge, your airport club membership number (if applicable), the amount of the charge, and the date of the transaction. Processing may take up to one statement cycle.

Are there any limitations?

To claim a credit, you first must make a restaurant purchase (benefit limited to two restaurant charges per year) or charge the fee for airport lounge access using your Card. You may claim up to $500 in credit(s) for each calendar year in which you qualify for the benefit. If you claim more than $500 in credits in a calendar year, the credits issued will be capped at $500 for that year. If you do not claim the maximum eligible credit in a year, the unclaimed portion will not carry over into subsequent years. You must claim the credits for the same calendar year in which the applicable purchase transactions posted to your card account. A credit must be claimed within 60 days of the transaction date. Total spending is defined as net purchases (after any returns and adjustments), and excludes cash advances, cash advances repaid with Cash Connect, and balance transfers. Your Card must be open and in good standing at the time you claim and receive the credit. Any airport lounge access transactions covered by the $250 Airline Fee Credit benefit are not eligible for the $500 Dining and Airport Club Credit benefit.
The annual $500 credit maximum may be claimed using any combination of up to two dining charges and any number of airport lounge access charges on your account. For example, within the same calendar year you may submit one dining charge of $200 and another for $300. Or you may claim four airport lounge day passes of $50 each and two dining charges of $150 each. However you could not claim four airport lounge day passes of $50 each and three dining charges of $100 each, as that would exceed the limit of two dining charge claims per year. Finally, the charges that you submit for credits may exceed the $500 credit maximum, such as two $300 dining charges, in which case you will receive a $300 credit fully covering the first claimed charge, but would only receive a $200 credit on the second claim.
Enclave likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by time_stamp
New terms:

$500 Dining and Airport Club Credit Terms & Conditions As a UBS Visa Infinite credit card account holder (Cardholder), you may be eligible for up to $500 in annual statement credit(s) to be applied to your UBS Visa Infinite credit card account (Card) when you make restaurant purchases (benefit limited to two restaurant charges per year) and/or charge the fee(s) for airport lounge access using your Card.

Who is eligible?

You are eligible for statement credits of up to a total of $500 annually if the cumulative spending on your Card was $25,000 or greater during either the current calendar year-to-date or the prior calendar year. The spend requirement will be waived if your assets held at UBS exceed $1million. The credits must be requested and will be no greater than the amount of the dining charges (up to 2 per year) and the airport lounge membership fees charged to your UBS Visa credit card account. Total spending includes all Cards associated with the same card account, and each card account is eligible for $500 in annual credits, including up to two dining credits and any number of airport lounge access credits, regardless of the number of Cards on the account.

How do I get the credit?

To request a credit, follow the “$500 Dining and Airport Club Credit” link on the Rewards and Benefits tab on UBS Online Services or call UBS Client Services at 888-762-1232. Please be prepared to supply the name of the restaurant or the airport lounge, your airport club membership number (if applicable), the amount of the charge, and the date of the transaction. Processing may take up to one statement cycle.

Are there any limitations?

To claim a credit, you first must make a restaurant purchase (benefit limited to two restaurant charges per year) or charge the fee for airport lounge access using your Card. You may claim up to $500 in credit(s) for each calendar year in which you qualify for the benefit. If you claim more than $500 in credits in a calendar year, the credits issued will be capped at $500 for that year. If you do not claim the maximum eligible credit in a year, the unclaimed portion will not carry over into subsequent years. You must claim the credits for the same calendar year in which the applicable purchase transactions posted to your card account. A credit must be claimed within 60 days of the transaction date. Total spending is defined as net purchases (after any returns and adjustments), and excludes cash advances, cash advances repaid with Cash Connect, and balance transfers. Your Card must be open and in good standing at the time you claim and receive the credit. Any airport lounge access transactions covered by the $250 Airline Fee Credit benefit are not eligible for the $500 Dining and Airport Club Credit benefit.
The annual $500 credit maximum may be claimed using any combination of up to two dining charges and any number of airport lounge access charges on your account. For example, within the same calendar year you may submit one dining charge of $200 and another for $300. Or you may claim four airport lounge day passes of $50 each and two dining charges of $150 each. However you could not claim four airport lounge day passes of $50 each and three dining charges of $100 each, as that would exceed the limit of two dining charge claims per year. Finally, the charges that you submit for credits may exceed the $500 credit maximum, such as two $300 dining charges, in which case you will receive a $300 credit fully covering the first claimed charge, but would only receive a $200 credit on the second claim.
This is going forward or just temporary due to the virus situation?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:05 am

this is is great to see, thank you time_stamp !

I see the comparison sheet currently posted on the UBS website expires 10/31/2020. I guess we will see what you posted sometime prior to 31 OCT.

Are you aware of additional changes? Or, willing to share your source of this information if it is posted online?

Last edited by Enclave; Oct 3, 2020 at 8:11 am Reason: HTML cleanup
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:17 am

Visa Contactless

The UBS Visa Signature and Visa Debit cards are showing the contactless symbol. Does anyone know when current Visa Infinite cardmembers will have the option to request contactless cards?

https://www.ubs.com/us/en/wealth-man.../personal.html
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
This is going forward or just temporary due to the virus situation?
Originally Posted by Enclave
Are you aware of additional changes? Or, willing to share your source of this information if it is posted online?
Terms are live now, I only just noticed but not sure when this happened. If you log into your account and go to the Rewards & Benefits tab you can see the credit has been renamed. I just took the terms straight off the page. I have no special knowledge, though I may call in and ask about the details after the weekend. Obviously consistent with what other cards have done for current circumstances, but changing the terms with no mention of a special time frame makes it seem at least semi-permanent.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Enclave
The UBS Visa Signature and Visa Debit cards are showing the contactless symbol. Does anyone know when current Visa Infinite cardmembers will have the option to request contactless cards?

https://www.ubs.com/us/en/wealth-man.../personal.html
I requested a contactless Infinite card last week and got received it a couple days later.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:59 am

Finally received an email about the change a couple days ago. It sounds like a permanent change.

Interestingly, when I look at the credit on my account it now says, "When you spend $25,000 in the current calendar year or have spent $25,000 in the previous calendar year on the UBS Visa Infinite credit card, you earn up to a $500 in credits to be applied to restaurant purchases (limit 2 per year) or airport lounge access. As a valued UBS client this requirement has been waived." Seems like the assets requirement isn't really a hard limit.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:59 am

Anyone who has this card do you know which credit bureau UBS is using? I got the paper application and am going to send it in.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by AAdmiral
Anyone who has this card do you know which credit bureau UBS is using? I got the paper application and am going to send it in.
Was almost four years ago but they pulled Transunion for me. The funny thing was they didn't pull my credit file until a week after I'd been approved. I'd already received the card and had been using it for a few days when they finally decided to pull it.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by time_stamp
Was almost four years ago but they pulled Transunion for me. The funny thing was they didn't pull my credit file until a week after I'd been approved. I'd already received the card and had been using it for a few days when they finally decided to pull it.
thanks for the reply. Have you been happy with the card in the four years? Are you a UBS client as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.