Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:30 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Current Data Point

Wife just got Aviator card denial. In short You either have or had this card enough times in the past"

Her last was off her online account for at least two months and she has only had two previous ones to the best of our recollections. And she only has one open Barclays card at present.

Things are getting tougher with Barclays for us
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:50 am

Does anyone know when the sign up bonus usually posts? I received the card on 3/26 made first purchase 3/27. Paid the balance and annual fee on 4/5. My first statement closed yesterday 4/19. The points haven't posted yet.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:57 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
No mention of EQD

lookikg st my statement for my Aviator Silver I noticed that it doesn’t mention EQD bonus thresholds.

I just spent $25k.

When do the bonus EQDs (for $25k) and EQMs (for $20k spend) post?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just an update from earlier. I tried going for AAviator Red #3 , with #1 being converted to a Silver version and cancelled in January, and #2 being converted to a Silver in March. I got denied this time around, stating that I already have a card in the American Airlines family.

Any data points on whether or not I would get approved for the AAviator Red #3 after closing my #2 silver card and waiting a few months?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Silver Aviator - EQM's and EQD's?

I was under the impression that the Silver Aviator card gave both EQM's and EQD's. However, like 335F1, when I got my new Silver card (about 3-4 weeks ago) I noticed it didn't mention EQD's.

While still on the red card, I hit $25K in spending on March 24, and my AAdvantage account shows 3K EQD's posted on March 24.

On the website, when I open my account, it shows that I hit the $20K spending threshold for EQM's on April 10. Since my account converted on April 8, this would explain why I seemed to hit $20K spend later than $25K. As of today however, I see no EQM's on my account.

Can anyone speak authoritatively to whether you can get both EQD's and EQM's from the Silver Aviator. The website strongly hints yes, as it shows a progress meter for both (as well as a progress meter for the companion certificiate). I sent an email to Barclays but have no response yet. Notably, I show the same spending on the EQM and EQD meters, meaning they didn't reset anything when my account changed. My spend toward the companion cert is $3 greater. Not $3,000. $3. This is probably because I spent $3 on the card between when I got the card (in mid-Decmeber 2017) and 12/31/17.

I can put as much as I choose on this card, as I charge quite a lot each year and only have to decide which cards to put it on.

If I hear from Barclays or see new updates on my AA account, I'll post and answer my own question.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
ICan anyone speak authoritatively to whether you can get both EQD's and EQM's from the Silver Aviator.
I have received both.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
Thanks for the data points. I'm encouraged by your timing of opening and closing and opening the Aviators. I too applied in January 2017, closed in November 2017 and just applied again yesterday. It went pending, so I'm hoping they aren't scared off by my high volume churning with other issuers.
Did you end up getting approved?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:04 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
I applied for the Barclays Aviator Red and went into pending mode.

I called 866-408-4064 but they said my application was flagged for additional review. They gave me another number, 866-710-2688, to call which closed already for the day.

Is this ID verification? I just got approved for the Aviator Biz last month. TU is 2/24 months.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Now that Citi has upped the sign-on bonus to 60K miles, how long do we think it will take Barclays to match?
Old May 12, 2018, 8:15 am

Red was opened 12 months ago and closed 3 months ago.
Applied for Red today - went to pending but analyst declined instantly based on 24 months.

INTERESTINGLY THOUGH - he said there was no credit inquiry. Is this typical not to get a hard pull on a Barclay denial?
Old May 12, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevento
Red was opened 12 months ago and closed 3 months ago.
Applied for Red today - went to pending but analyst declined instantly based on 24 months.

INTERESTINGLY THOUGH - he said there was no credit inquiry. Is this typical not to get a hard pull on a Barclay denial?
It has to do with reason for denial. If the denial is for a first internal check of whether you're eligible for the card based on what Barclay cards you had recently, they can do that without a hard pull. If the denial is for anything which involves cards from other banks and thus requires checking your credit report, that typically requires a hard pull for that kind of denial.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by slappychasez
Just an update from earlier. I tried going for AAviator Red #3 , with #1 being converted to a Silver version and cancelled in January, and #2 being converted to a Silver in March. I got denied this time around, stating that I already have a card in the American Airlines family.

Any data points on whether or not I would get approved for the AAviator Red #3 after closing my #2 silver card and waiting a few months?
Originally Posted by ingy
Wife just got Aviator card denial. In short You either have or had this card enough times in the past"

Her last was off her online account for at least two months and she has only had two previous ones to the best of our recollections. And she only has one open Barclays card at present.

Things are getting tougher with Barclays for us
Did you get a hard pull on your credit report for this denial? Thanks.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No hard pull, said the system declined me because I currently have or have had the product.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:43 pm

I applied RED card 6/17 and received bonus in 8/17. I close the card about a month ago. Am I eligible to apply again and receive bonus? I am not sure 24 rules apply to open or closed or both account?
Old May 15, 2018, 2:25 pm

Cancelled original card, which was an old USAirways card, on March 12th and reapplied May 12th. App was sent into pending status but just received email confirmation that I had been approved for a new card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.