Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantageŽ bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantageŽbonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantageŽ account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantageŽ bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Is there no more AA Barclays card with first year fee waived ?
I'm still seeing it here, but with a bonus of only 50K miles:

https://www.applyaviator.com/
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by guv1976
I'm still seeing it here, but with a bonus of only 50K miles:

thanks for the link.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Data Point for reapplying for second SUB: Opened a Aviator Red in Jan of 2018 and closed it in December of 2020. Just reapplied (16 months after closing) for the 50k bonus/$0 AF for the first year and was instantly approved. Will update when I get my bonus but there is a bonus tracker in my online account.
nwflyboy and robchow like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:04 pm

I closed mine in Aug of 2018 and was instantly approved.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:37 pm

I got the Aviator red card last month. I already paid the annual fee and made the first purchase, but the bonus tracker still showed both "annual fee paid" and "first transaction" as "not met." The statement was closed yesterday and I already got the miles from the transaction that I made (and no sign up bonus). Anyone experiences this?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA,UAL & DL
Applied for one on a AA flight, got 60K for myself and my wife when she applied. May cancel AA Citi.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by william
Applied for one on a AA flight, got 60K for myself and my wife when she applied. May cancel AA Citi.
No reason to cancel AA Citi card unless and until Citi fails to give you a decent retention offer at renewal time. The Citi card earns double miles on restaurant and gas station purchases; the Barclays card does not. So unless you have a third card that generates better earnings than the Citi AAdvantage card at restaurants and gas stations, the Citi card is the one that I would try to hold onto.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: Too many to list
any 60K offers out there right now?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
any 60K offers out there right now?
Also wondering the same thing... TIA
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
They were pushing this card pretty hard on flights I had this weekend. The offer is 60K miles after first purchase, $0 annual fee first year, then $99. 500 bonus miles for first time applicant. Free checked bag, $25 back on in flight wifi each year and 25% back on inflight purchases. 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers (5% fee) too. myaviatorcard.com

I decided to give it a try and was approved instantly. I was a bit surprised as while my credit is pretty much perfect, I have been blacklisted by Barclays for years due to app-o-rama shenanigans back around 2008. My last applications for the Arrival in 2016 and 2018 were instantly denied without even a credit pull. Guess I'm out of jail finally after 10+ years.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tev9999
They were pushing this card pretty hard on flights I had this weekend. The offer is 60K miles after first purchase, $0 annual fee first year, then $99. 500 bonus miles for first time applicant. Free checked bag, $25 back on in flight wifi each year and 25% back on inflight purchases. 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers (5% fee) too. myaviatorcard.com

I decided to give it a try and was approved instantly. I was a bit surprised as while my credit is pretty much perfect, I have been blacklisted by Barclays for years due to app-o-rama shenanigans back around 2008. My last applications for the Arrival in 2016 and 2018 were instantly denied without even a credit pull. Guess I'm out of jail finally after 10+ years.
Did the FA give you an app onboard and then you mailed it later? It looks to be the same benefits as the public one here: http://www.myaviatorcard.com/ But it does ask for a 6-digit code. That, I assume, is provided by the FA?

Last edited by philemer; Dec 20, 2022 at 9:00 pm
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Did the FA give you an app onboard and then you mailed it later? It's a great offer.
I don't see the 500 bonus miles for first-time applicants, but everything else is the same in the publicly-available offer found here:

Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see the 500 bonus miles for first-time applicants, but everything else is the same in the publicly-available offer found here:

That link doesn't work for me but this one does: Apply For the AAdvantageŽ AviatorŽ Red World Elite MastercardŽ
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
That link doesn't work for me but this one does: Apply For the AAdvantageŽ AviatorŽ Red World Elite MastercardŽ
Your link still requires the six-digit code.

If my link doesn't work, try just typing "applyaviator.com" or "www.applyaviator.com" in your browser. Try different browsers, if necessary.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your link still requires the six-digit code.

If my link doesn't work, try just typing "applyaviator.com" or "www.applyaviator.com" in your browser. Try different browsers, if necessary.
No go with google or firefox. Actually, when I clicked to apply here: http://www.myaviatorcard.com/ it says "if you don't have a 6-digit just enter 000000." That works. I don't need the card this minute but maybe in a month or two.

This is exactly what happened with the BoA AS Visa card 62K offer.. It asks for the FA's name and code but works w/o it.
EmailKid and nwflyboy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.