Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
And what good is that card? Does it get you free checked baggage?

That card has no perks except a discount for inflight food . Better off canceling . Only 1x even for AA fligts
I’m thinking of doing the same because this is my only card that supports online chip + PIN at unattended terminals in Europe. I’ll gladly pay the 3% FTF on the no annual fee version if it’s my only option to make a purchase.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I’m thinking of doing the same because this is my only card that supports online chip + PIN at unattended terminals in Europe. I’ll gladly pay the 3% FTF on the no annual fee version if it’s my only option to make a purchase.

That I dont know about. Amex just sent me a new chip enabled card but not sure if it requires pin
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:29 pm

I am still pissed I missed out on the "no annual fee" - if you signed up in October in flight did you also get companion ticket and waived fee together? Flying tomorrow so going to ask about the promo onboard but doubt it
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
That in-flight offer is gone. (Exp 10/31/19) You DID NOT RECEIVE a $99 companion certificate, just the AF waiver. I was lucky and got one for my wife with CC and one for me with the fee waiver...probably can't use 2 CC anyway.

Originally Posted by jmsnyc
I am still pissed I missed out on the "no annual fee" - if you signed up in October in flight did you also get companion ticket and waived fee together? Flying tomorrow so going to ask about the promo onboard but doubt it
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by wolfie52
That in-flight offer is gone. (Exp 10/31/19) You DID NOT RECEIVE a $99 companion certificate, just the AF waiver. I was lucky and got one for my wife with CC and one for me with the fee waiver...probably can't use 2 CC anyway.

Thanks. I asked the flight attendant Friday when flying and she said , dont worry the offers always come back, hope it stays at least 60k and AF waiver for BF or December
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:44 pm
Original Member

Well, that was easy

I received and used the personal card, applying with the employee code. The 60k miles posted today, the statement date. And no annual fee was charged. This was the easiest mega miles I ever earned.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:21 pm

No kidding easy miles. 29 days from application to 60,500 miles in the AA account.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Based on recent DPs I took a flyer (literally) using one off a recent flight to apply even though I am LOL/24. No Barclay's AA cards, and last event was a close 2018-01. That was yesterday, and I got a "Pending".
As expected, the letter just received from Barclays said "No" because:
Too many new accounts opened
The number of bankcards opened within the last 24 months

So, those who succeeded at over 5/24 were perhaps not as much over as I am* ?
* 13/24, plus conversion of a Citi Preferred to Rewards+ which really shouldn't count but you never know...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
deleted

Last edited by slappychasez; Jul 8, 2020 at 10:57 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
As expected, the letter just received from Barclays said "No" because:
Too many new accounts opened
The number of bankcards opened within the last 24 months

So, those who succeeded at over 5/24 were perhaps not as much over as I am* ?
* 13/24, plus conversion of a Citi Preferred to Rewards+ which really shouldn't count but you never know...
Originally Posted by slappychasez
I was approved a couple weeks back with 24/24 on a reconsideration call. I think timing may have played a role that was helpful...i.e. Saturday night around 10PM.

I've been participating actively in the AA mailer churn, and the analyst pressed about why I had closed 4 cards on the same day. I said hmm, I'm not sure if that's accurate, I may have to pull a record of my credit report. After such discussion, I was recommended for approval. So, there are ways to get through recon, but it will be tough.
Yes, I remember seeing yours. Half of mine was due to AA mailers. I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle of a recon.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:30 am

Wonder if deal will be better or worse post Black Friday/December
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:00 pm

If you get the “We are currently reviewing the application you submitted. If we need additional information to complete our review, we will contact you using the information you provided us. ” should I call the recon line now to push it through or wait for their decision (which may be “no”).

I had the same card in 6/17 and canceled in 6/18 before the AF posted again. I got 50k miles at that time.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:23 pm

Well I just called 1-800-307-0341

Choosing option 2, (check on existing application) gives you nothing but a message saying you need to wait or check online. then hangs up
Choosing option 1, (new application) connects with a live agent who basically says the same thing, you just have to wait

I guess I'll just have to wait!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:17 pm

Applied for four credit cards on 11/10. The sequence of applications are as follows:
- Barclays Business AAdvantage Card ($0, sole prop, 0 length of business, Transportation) -- Went to pending
- Barclays Personal AAdvantage Card --Went to pending
- BofA Premium Rewards Card -- Went to pending
- BofA Business Alaska Card ($0, sole prop, 0 length of business) --Auto-approved with $8k CL

Profile--810 Credit score, 6/24 before these four CC applications. 150k+ income. Have another BofA Business Alaska Card open with $10k CL. Had closed the last Personal Aviator card in Oct 2017 and last business Aviator card in Mar 2019.

On 11/13 BofA Premium Rewards card got approved. Then on 11/17, Barclays Personal card got approved with $25k CL. On 11/19, got a call possibly from Barclays Credit Card team which I couldn't pick. An hour later, found the online status changed to "Declined".

Called the Barclays business reconsideration line next day morning. The Analyst asked about the business. I mentioned Uber commercial plans but nothing started yet. She put me on hold, checked my credit report and came back saying that I can't get additional credit but she can move some from the new Personal Aviator Card (which I was approved on 11/17) and approve my Business AAdvantage. I agreed and after moving $10k she approved the Business AAdvantage Card.

Can't get better. No more CC apps for next 6-8 months. Hope this DP helps you.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Had this card from Oct-17 through Sept-18. What's the waiting period before reapplying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.