Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by amartin1979
How do I find the $50 Korean Air voucher that is supposed to come with this card?
I'll check my materials that came with my card. I vaguely recall you have to call in and give them your Skypass # and also have the actual credit card or something.
I'm fairly I did not get an actual paper voucher.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
I'll check my materials that came with my card. I vaguely recall you have to call in and give them your Skypass # and also have the actual credit card or something.
I'm fairly I did not get an actual paper voucher.
So I got the business card, which doesn't have the $50 credit.

But according to the website, the Visa Signature card does and this is what it says:

Primary cardmember will receive a $50 discount coupon in cardmember’s SKYPASS account upon SKYPASS Visa Signature card account opening and each anniversary date. Please allow 4-6 weeks for ticket discount coupon to be deposited into your SKYPASS account.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:27 am

For those of you thinking about getting both personal and Business KE cards from US Bank.

Last year, I applied for both of these cards, separated by about 6 months. In both cases, the app went pending, and I just sat and waited. After about 2 weeks, the cards were approved with no issues. No need to freeze credit reports, and let’s just say that there were plenty of other approved cards over the last two years. No previous US Bank relationship.

However, US Bank insisted on creating new SkyPass accounts for me on both cards. I just got off a long call, and the CSR is apologetic, but basically, they cannot point both cards to the same SkyPass account.

So this basically ally leaves me with one choice. After the SUB is achieved, I would need to email KE to merge the Miles, then call US Bank to cancel the card that points to the wrong SkyPass account. Or else, I would have to keep on contacting KE to merge the Miles.

Dear US Bank, your limitations is basically forcing me to close a card.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
For those of you thinking about getting both personal and Business KE cards from US Bank.

Last year, I applied for both of these cards, separated by about 6 months. In both cases, the app went pending, and I just sat and waited. After about 2 weeks, the cards were approved with no issues. No need to freeze credit reports, and let’s just say that there were plenty of other approved cards over the last two years. No previous US Bank relationship.

However, US Bank insisted on creating new SkyPass accounts for me on both cards. I just got off a long call, and the CSR is apologetic, but basically, they cannot point both cards to the same SkyPass account.

So this basically ally leaves me with one choice. After the SUB is achieved, I would need to email KE to merge the Miles, then call US Bank to cancel the card that points to the wrong SkyPass account. Or else, I would have to keep on contacting KE to merge the Miles.

Thank you for the info! I was considering doing that, now I know what mess it will make.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76

My wife just got the personal card and the first statement recently closed. Your post prompted me to have her check and sure enough, US Bank created a new SkyPass account associated with her card. I know for a fact that she entered her existing SkyPass number in the application and have the screenshot. I'll have her call US Bank but expect the same response you received. I agree, it's too much of a PITA to have to call KE every month and merge the miles. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for posting!

EDIT:

OK, so this turned out fine in the end. She emailed [email protected] and carefully explained the issue with specific account information and details for both numbers. SkyPass folks emailed back that same day and stated that they could merge the accounts including login info, family pooling info, travel history, and personal info, into the US Bank-created new SkyPass number. They recommended verifying with US Bank that their records reflected her full middle name (which is how her original SkyPass account is set up) and not just middle initial, to avoid issues when combining.

She sent a secure message to US Bank briefly explaining the issue but primarily to ensure her middle name was present. The next day US Bank emailed her back and confirmed the full middle is there. The US Bank rep said they could updated her SkyPass account to her old number. But, having a bit more faith in KE than US Bank, my wife just emailed back to SkyPass and authorized them to proceed with the merge into the new number. This was on a Saturday, and by this morning (Monday) SkyPass emailed her and stated that the accounts were merged successfully.

She confirmed that the login info, family pooling, and everything else did indeed transfer over seamlessly as promised. All's well that ends well.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.

Last edited by 84fiero; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm Reason: Updated with resolution
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:05 pm

I've got a new dp. It looks like US Bank may have fixed their issue with multiple cards pointing to the same Skypass account.

I already had a KE personal card and then opened a biz card using someone else's targeted 50k offer. Like others, US bank created a new Skypass account. However, after the bonus points posted, I called and they were able to quickly change the biz card to point to my old number. I received a new card with the correct (old) Skypass number on it in about a week, and new points correctly posted to my old account shortly after my next statement closed.

I then had Korean Air merge new account into the old via email.

​​​​​​​It's still basically the same hassle, but at least I could keep the old number and not have to update any other programs pointing to it.
84fiero and milesforhire like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone have a 40K or 45K mailer (personal or business) they're willing to part with? I can offer some compensation if it works for me to get the higher bonus miles.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spartan301
Anyone have a 40K or 45K mailer (personal or business) they're willing to part with? I can offer some compensation if it works for me to get the higher bonus miles.
i don’t think you can use someone else’s mailer. Maybe I’m wrong but I’d be worried about getting the bonus in this scenario.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:13 am

Just got approved for 50k Skypass biz card. App went pending for 6 days, then got approved with a crazy credit line of $25k. Third USB biz card (only have 2 right now).
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Just got approved for 50k Skypass biz card. App went pending for 6 days, then got approved with a crazy credit line of $25k. Third USB biz card (only have 2 right now).
curious the reason to apply for USB KE. just for the bonus? did you apply for sol prop? im wondering if USB has a tedious biz app process like barclays or bofa where docs are required or additional relationship products.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
curious the reason to apply for USB KE. just for the bonus? did you apply for sol prop? im wondering if USB has a tedious biz app process like barclays or bofa where docs are required or additional relationship products.
I've never had an issue with sole proprietor with US Bank (although I have a DBA).
Granted, that was like 4 years ago.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:51 am

Anyone has any special mailers I could use? Will bonus miles post relatively quickly?

Thanks,

J
Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Approved for 60k offer, did not expect that
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:29 am

Anyone seeing delays in their miles posting this month?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Need to credit card churn and need miles for upcoming J redemption for KE but wanted to 2x check with users:
  • My wife opened her Skypass Card on June 2021 and closed the card on Dec 2022.
Reading the terms and conditions "Previous accounts closed within the last 12 months will be reopened and no enrollment miles will be awarded. SKYPASS Select Visa Signature, SKYPASS Visa Signature and SKYPASS SkyBlue Visa Cards" - I couldn't find any other language stating the bonus so my interpretation is that my wife will be eligible for the sign up bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.