Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I was told that US Bank is having issues with Korean Air in verifying account numbers so applications have been put on hold since early November. Has anyone been recently approved within the last 30 days?
I was, but for the undesirable one (not the visa signature, which comes with no frgn. transaction fee and 15000 miles).
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I was told that US Bank is having issues with Korean Air in verifying account numbers so applications have been put on hold since early November. Has anyone been recently approved within the last 30 days?
I was, but for the undesirable one (not the visa signature, which comes with no frgn. transaction fee and 15000 miles).
Sounds like BoA and AS with requiring mid level CL's to get the full bonuses.

Didn't realize the xfer was restricted.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Any new offers from Korean?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Any new offers from Korean?
I'm hoping for the same. I've been watching this thread for a while. I think it was last year around this time that the bonus was increased. It would be nice to get 30k again for an upcoming award so I don't have to use UR.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Got a Targeted 40K offer..

Originally Posted by kilbornr
I'm hoping for the same. I've been watching this thread for a while. I think it was last year around this time that the bonus was increased. It would be nice to get 30k again for an upcoming award so I don't have to use UR.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Got a Targeted 40K offer..
me too. Had no activity, then transferred in 1K from Chase and signed up for SkyPass email marketing. Got a 40K offer two weeks later with the annual fee waived.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:47 pm

30k offer is live on personal and business again: http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...=33267&lang=en (taken directly from skypassvisa.com so should be no affiliate link). expires 6/30/15
Old May 7, 2015, 7:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
anybody know of non affiliate links for that offer?
Try this: http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/offer.do
Old May 7, 2015, 8:01 pm

anyone had gone through the hassle of using skypass miles to book delta domestic flight?

it only costs 45K miles for domestic flight (including Hawaii) round trip business class, but I am just wondering how difficult it is to make an award booking on delta flight.... 45K price for roundtrip to/from Hawaii in business class on delta is pretty hard to beat.

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; May 7, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by arrek
me too. Had no activity, then transferred in 1K from Chase and signed up for SkyPass email marketing. Got a 40K offer two weeks later with the annual fee waived.
I just signed up for skypass last week, but received no targeted offer,... maybe I should wait a little longer before jumping on the 30K offer... there is still time.

can you churn this card?

based on the T&C, it looks like if you don't have this card within the last 12 months, you can get the bonus again.

Last edited by philemer; May 8, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
fly 2 partners on one award?

Can you combine AS and HA for a single award? I don't live near a HA gateway city, like SEA, so I'd need fly BOI>SEA on AS and SEA>Hawaii on HA. AA allows this on their awards but not sure if KE does. Thx!!!
Old May 9, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Where are people signing up to get the 40,000 offer? just opting in to spam?
Old May 9, 2015, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Where are people signing up to get the 40,000 offer? just opting in to spam?
I think 40K offer is targeted.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by kilbornr
Looks like I got my wish!
Old May 9, 2015, 9:59 pm

I've never applied for a bard from US bank before, but I've read that it's much more difficult (especially for churners) to get approved by US Bank... is this true for this skypass card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.