FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Log out of your Bank of America credit card account to get free gift card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1406726-log-out-your-bank-america-credit-card-account-get-free-gift-card.html)

gezzuzz Nov 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Log out of your Bank of America credit card account to get free gift card

This is on slickdeals right now

http://slickdeals.net/f/5485578-BOA-...-Could-be-YMMV

log in your BOA account and log out.. you might get a free giftcard.. $5 $10 or $15.. credit card account only..

AAL Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks! I was offered a choice of $10 from Macy's, Starbucks, or Target. Spouse got the same deal.

JustineG Nov 13, 2012 1:54 am

I have tried on different browsers and each time I keep getting that Dust Bowl ad LOL. Thanks for the info! Will keep trying.

Actually just tried the link someone on Slickdeals gave and I'm eligible for $15 but only if I do a recurring payment

akp Nov 13, 2012 6:08 am

$10 + $10

My husband and I each got the $10 offer. Nice!

Centurion Nov 13, 2012 7:51 am

Log out of your Bank of America credit card account to get free gift card

Think this is restricted to users who have recent activity with BofA credit card. Only three data points or users to come to that conclusion

wcj Nov 13, 2012 8:33 am

Agreed. Until 6 months ago, I ran all purchases through a B of A card, then moved to CSP. I now charge about $500 to the card to keep the line. No GC for me though.

AggieTraveler Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am

I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target. Last time I used the card was in September (just use it occasionally). At the bottom of one of the later screens it said the offer details were provided in a mailer recently sent to my home. I don't remember getting anything from BoA, though.

Happy Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by txrose86 (Post 19676238)
I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target. Last time I used the card was in September (just use it occasionally). At the bottom of one of the later screens it said the offer details were provided in a mailer recently sent to my home. I don't remember getting anything from BoA, though.

I did not get any offer when doing the log in / out. Using the link from SD I got the $10 GC offer among the 3 merchants. It also said it is from a recent mailer sent to my address. I do NOT receive such an offer from mailing.

PS
I have not used the card for several months.

texasguy77 Nov 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 19677539)
I did not get any offer when doing the log in / out. Using the link from SD I got the $10 GC offer among the 3 merchants. It also said it is from a recent mailer sent to my address. I do NOT receive such an offer from mailing.

Yeah I got the three offers as well today. I do have the recurring payments setup, so I'm not sure if initially this was targeted to those customers. Last month also got an Auto CLI of $2K :)

SanDiego1K Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by txrose86 (Post 19676238)
I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target.

Me, too.

Dad to GO Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

I haven't used my card since June but got offered a $10 gift card. Thanks!

traveldealexpert Nov 13, 2012 6:24 pm

I had an offer for $10...I'm a regular user of my BoA.

I am never targeted for anything :)

Tiki Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I have just a plain BoA Visa that I've had for the last 30 years along with a savings and e-checking account. Tried this and all I got was an offer to sign up for a travel rewards card with a 10K bonus. I clicked "no thanks" then tried logging in and out again and it just reverts to the landing page with no offers. Is it any specific kind of Visa that gives the gift card?

Reindeerflame Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I was offered a $15 gift card, and accepted the Starbucks one. We'll see whether it arrives.

I have been using the AS Visa actively over the last 2 months, esp. after they offered me 3X miles on dining, gas, groceries, and drug stores, albeit limited to 2500 bonus miles, through 12/31.

8fingeredflyer Dec 3, 2012 2:16 pm

So when I tried this out, I received an offer for $5. I selected Starbucks and... today I received a $5 Macy's card. Well, nice try BOA, that was a useless gesture.