Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Log out of your Bank of America credit card account to get free gift card

Old Nov 12, 12, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

This is on slickdeals right now

http://slickdeals.net/f/5485578-BOA-...-Could-be-YMMV

log in your BOA account and log out.. you might get a free giftcard.. $5 $10 or $15.. credit card account only..
Old Nov 12, 12, 11:43 pm
AAL

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks! I was offered a choice of $10 from Macy's, Starbucks, or Target. Spouse got the same deal.
Old Nov 13, 12, 2:54 am

I have tried on different browsers and each time I keep getting that Dust Bowl ad LOL. Thanks for the info! Will keep trying.

Actually just tried the link someone on Slickdeals gave and I'm eligible for $15 but only if I do a recurring payment
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:08 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
$10 + $10

My husband and I each got the $10 offer. Nice!
Old Nov 13, 12, 8:51 am

Think this is restricted to users who have recent activity with BofA credit card. Only three data points or users to come to that conclusion
Old Nov 13, 12, 9:33 am
wcj

Agreed. Until 6 months ago, I ran all purchases through a B of A card, then moved to CSP. I now charge about $500 to the card to keep the line. No GC for me though.
Old Nov 13, 12, 12:39 pm

I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target. Last time I used the card was in September (just use it occasionally). At the bottom of one of the later screens it said the offer details were provided in a mailer recently sent to my home. I don't remember getting anything from BoA, though.
Old Nov 13, 12, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txrose86 View Post
I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target. Last time I used the card was in September (just use it occasionally). At the bottom of one of the later screens it said the offer details were provided in a mailer recently sent to my home. I don't remember getting anything from BoA, though.
I did not get any offer when doing the log in / out. Using the link from SD I got the $10 GC offer among the 3 merchants. It also said it is from a recent mailer sent to my address. I do NOT receive such an offer from mailing.

PS
I have not used the card for several months.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 14, 12 at 2:44 pm
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I did not get any offer when doing the log in / out. Using the link from SD I got the $10 GC offer among the 3 merchants. It also said it is from a recent mailer sent to my address. I do NOT receive such an offer from mailing.
Yeah I got the three offers as well today. I do have the recurring payments setup, so I'm not sure if initially this was targeted to those customers. Last month also got an Auto CLI of $2K
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:47 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by txrose86 View Post
I was offered a $5 gift card from Macy's, Starbucks or Target.
Me, too.
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:58 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I haven't used my card since June but got offered a $10 gift card. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:24 pm

I had an offer for $10...I'm a regular user of my BoA.

I am never targeted for anything
Old Nov 14, 12, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I have just a plain BoA Visa that I've had for the last 30 years along with a savings and e-checking account. Tried this and all I got was an offer to sign up for a travel rewards card with a 10K bonus. I clicked "no thanks" then tried logging in and out again and it just reverts to the landing page with no offers. Is it any specific kind of Visa that gives the gift card?
Old Nov 19, 12, 5:08 pm

Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada and Sacramento, CA, US; UA Explorer Card Holder
I was offered a $15 gift card, and accepted the Starbucks one. We'll see whether it arrives.

I have been using the AS Visa actively over the last 2 months, esp. after they offered me 3X miles on dining, gas, groceries, and drug stores, albeit limited to 2500 bonus miles, through 12/31.
Old Dec 3, 12, 3:16 pm

So when I tried this out, I received an offer for $5. I selected Starbucks and... today I received a $5 Macy's card. Well, nice try BOA, that was a useless gesture.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: