FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

sanjuk Jul 8, 2014 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by ycrimi (Post 23166036)
I just applied using that link and was approved - assuming offer is alive.

Thanks ycrimi, it worked now from home. :eek:

I used 2BM (for 1st time), and approved for both. How can I confirm I was really approved for 2 cards? I am suspicious because both cards have same credit limit $1x,000. My BOA doesn't show any credit card yet.

I will not call BOA, to avoid unintended attention to 2BM. Any other way?

WrightHI Jul 9, 2014 1:15 am

Just instant approved for third AS Visa since last December using the 40K link above. The miles are nice, but as an MVPG on the edge of the route network, the companion pass is even better, especially since it renews every year. My first two saved me well over $500 each on multi-segment trips.

Happy Jul 9, 2014 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by sanjuk (Post 23166908)
Thanks ycrimi, it worked now from home. :eek:

I used 2BM (for 1st time), and approved for both. How can I confirm I was really approved for 2 cards? I am suspicious because both cards have same credit limit $1x,000. My BOA doesn't show any credit card yet.

I will not call BOA, to avoid unintended attention to 2BM. Any other way?

No, other than patiently wait it out.

You can try the phone system but I am afraid the phone system would be totally confused as the data fed to it would be identical SSN, DOB, ZIP or Phone number.

What is the hurry to find out whether you get one or two? If you only get one, you would not call BofA anyway, so other than the urge to be satisfied, what difference does it make?

RyanNYNJ Jul 9, 2014 3:04 pm

Received an interesting letter from Bank of America today.

About 3 weeks ago, I signed up for the 25K offer + $100 SC using the link in the wiki. After receiving my card, I called in to confirm my sign-up bonus. Spent the $1,000 After the first week.

Today, I received a letter from B of A saying that I wasn't eligible for the SC because I didn't sign-up for the offer during a flight purchase transaction.

Online chat was useless/powerless. Called the number on the BofA letter and spoke to a very nice CSR explaining everything and stated that I reliedon the information given to me by the first CSR.

After a brief hold, the CSR told me she would give me the $100 SC.

The lesson(s) I learned from this experience:

1. Confirm sign-up bonus.
2. Meet spend quickly.
3. Dispute letters/email from banks stating that you aren't eligible for offers.

UA Fan Jul 9, 2014 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 23166019)
It should. I dont see how this would be any different from the old Citi 2bm days. Just dont do this too close to 12:00am so then your 2nd app turned into a pumpkin. (the next date).

The key is they must be on the same day, and from the IDENTICAL entity (name and address). Hence the Citi personal and biz would not merge, nor the AA card would not merge with the HHonors card pull, as Citi tends to have different entity name / address generates the pulls.

For Chase and BofA, they seem to be the same.

Sorry if I missed it, but does one AS personal and a business count as one inquiry when done the same day?

TravelingRabbit Jul 9, 2014 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 23171062)
Sorry if I missed it, but does one AS personal and a business count as one inquiry?

Mine posted separately on 2 different credit bureaus.

sanjuk Jul 9, 2014 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 23169999)
What is the hurry to find out whether you get one or two? If you only get one, you would not call BofA anyway, so other than the urge to be satisfied, what difference does it make?

If I know it is only 1 by today, I could apply for 2nd. BTW, I found a way via app status: https://www5.bankofamerica.com/credi...ecision.action

It is showing 2 alaska apps approved. It took ~13 hrs for the app to show up.

Happy Jul 9, 2014 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by sanjuk (Post 23171280)
If I know it is only 1 by today, I could apply for 2nd. BTW, I found a way via app status: https://www5.bankofamerica.com/credi...ecision.action

It is showing 2 alaska apps approved. It took ~13 hrs for the app to show up.

That is good that the online status check does not get confused.

My experience with the online status check has been it completely confuses itself when there are 2 SSNs with the same zip code and last name. One showed up and the other got an error. It was the phone system that has one extra layer of checking (I did not remember it was phone number or what but there was one extra data point to verify than online) and the phone system was able to give me the status.

I guess if the SSN is the same, the online status check works accurately.

joykid Jul 9, 2014 11:02 pm

I just got my Alaska Airlines Visa card from BofA and I checked my Alaska Mileage Plan has 30,000 miles already. I have to call to activate my card. I am wondering if I never call to activate my card, or I activate then cancel it. Then I don't have to pay annual fee right? because for the sign up bonus of 30,000 miles upon approval, they don't waive the annual fee or give statement credit.

Edgerfly Jul 10, 2014 9:23 am

Originally Posted by joykid (Post 23172715)
I just got my Alaska Airlines Visa card from BofA and I checked my Alaska Mileage Plan has 30,000 miles already. I have to call to activate my card. I am wondering if I never call to activate my card, or I activate then cancel it. Then I don't have to pay annual fee right? because for the sign up bonus of 30,000 miles upon approval, they don't waive the annual fee or give statement credit.

This is just asking for the mileage bonus to be revoked. Believe it or not AS and BofA do keep tabs on this stuff and revokes miles for returned items. Now if you spent the miles and cancelled the card before you activated it, it might work but no promises.

FTR 787 Jul 10, 2014 10:25 am

cmon guys, stop being such cheapskates... is $75 really worth burning both bridges? do you really wanna be banned from both BofA and Alaska and their respective programs that can be rather lucrative?

put things into perspective a little, dont be penny wise and pound foolish. $75 is peanuts compared to the value these 2 in a combo provide.

frudd38 Jul 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87 (Post 23175126)
cmon guys, stop being such cheapskates... is $75 really worth burning both bridges? do you really wanna be banned from both BofA and Alaska and their respective programs that can be rather lucrative?

put things into perspective a little, dont be penny wise and pound foolish. $75 is peanuts compared to the value these 2 in a combo provide.

You can't expect much from most people on here..

dhgator Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am

I applied earlier this week for two 30K personal cards (using 2BM) and received the 30-day pending notification. Would my best bet be to call in or wait it out and avoid drawing attention?

Thanks

BearX220 Jul 11, 2014 11:25 am

Originally Posted by joykid (Post 23172715)

I don't know why you think the airline or B of A would let you get away with 30,000 free miles in this fashion.

maverick17 Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm

As happened to others above, my miles have also posted before I did the spend. I'm not looking to cancel like some people mentioned, but surprised at this.