FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

Happy Apr 1, 2015 9:39 am

Timing of AF being billed

This, like the $100 statement credit, also seems totally random.

Husband's cards have the AF billed on the date after 1st statement closing date. His statement dates almost corresponding to his application dates.

My cards have the AF billed on the last day of the month while my statement dates not until 8th of April. My statement dates are 2 weeks from application date.

Both sets are applied on / after 20th of the month.

So there y'all see the total randomness of posting of this card.

Once again, the statement credit will come IF you used the Correct link and met the spend. Posting time again is totally random, has absolutely nothing to do with statement closing date. It can be one week or three weeks after meeting spend. But nobody has ever reported not receiving the credit IF they used the correct link.

You also can cancel the card within 30 days after the AF is billed to get a reversal. Note the 30 days is from the AF is billed, not from statement date.

sethuel1 Apr 1, 2015 2:38 pm

I've got an interesting situation at the moment. Opened 2 AS Sig cards by 2BM in late Jan. Completed $1000 spend on First card late Feb and 2nd card March 4. First $100 credit posted within 2 weeks. Second $100 credit has still not posted.

So far I've only chatted online with a rep, who "submitted a request" that I will hear back on, supposedly, in 21 business days.

Anyone have any ideas? Ever seen this one happen before?

CASACW2 Apr 1, 2015 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by sethuel1 (Post 24602054)
I've got an interesting situation at the moment. Opened 2 AS Sig cards by 2 BM in late Jan. Completed $1000 spend on First card late Feb and 2nd card March 4. First $100 credit posted within 2 weeks. Second $100 credit has still not posted.

So far I've only chatted online with a rep, who "submitted a request" that I will hear back on, supposedly, in 21 business days.

Anyone have any ideas? Ever seen this one happen before?

Chatted in this AM, too.. Same message. Call 1800.552.7302 ... I spoke with Christine and she was fabulous and confirmed that my $100 should be appearing on my account statement within a few days and gave a reference number, too.

frudd38 Apr 1, 2015 5:01 pm

So going back to my AOR brainfart (forgetting to freeze EX) for these cards last time, just handled a friends and it worked out beautifully to make sure we got the Sig versions.

Did all the normal AOR, froze EX and then submitted 2 separate Alaska personal apps that went to pending as expected. Called in to have them pull EQ and the agent was able to approve both at the desired credit lines.

He first came back saying both have been approved, the first one for $20k and before how much he mentioned the 2nd one was I asked if he can do both for a lower amount.

It appears this way you and the agent have some control of how much credit line to approve the card for, but I'm not sure what would happen if the 1st one was not approved for over $5k. Next time I may tell them the desired credit lines beforehand to see if they can control it from the beginning.

sethuel1 Apr 1, 2015 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by CASACW2 (Post 24602069)
Chatted in this AM, too.. Same message. Call 1800.552.7302 ... I spoke with Christine and she was fabulous and confirmed that my $100 should be appearing on my account statement within a few days and gave a reference number, too.

I hadn't called yet but my $100 credit appeared a few hours ago. Chatted and made the request on the B of A website 3 days ago

savedbyhim01 Apr 2, 2015 2:36 am

So I signed in to my BOA account and my oldest credit card account was closed. After contacting customer service it was due to "inactivity" though I use it from time to time (apparently not enough.) Overall my average account age is fairly short and this one is significantly the longest. They say they can submit a re-open request within 90 days, but that it will cause a hard pull. I am probably going to have to bite the bullet and do that.

I am posting here to ask if I applied for an Alaska airlines (or different BOA card) on the same day as the re-open request if the two hard pulls would be combined into one? I don't want to waste one hard pull on reopening this account. Does anyone know if the re-open request will be processed on the same day? Or any advice on how to deal with this? Thanks in advance.

trouble747 Apr 2, 2015 6:57 am

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 24604438)
I am posting here to ask if I applied for an Alaska airlines (or different BOA card) on the same day as the re-open request if the two hard pulls would be combined into one? I don't want to waste one hard pull on reopening this account. Does anyone know if the re-open request will be processed on the same day? Or any advice on how to deal with this? Thanks in advance.

I think it has to be the exact same card for one to be discarded as a duplicate, but I'm not positive...

savedbyhim01 Apr 2, 2015 8:06 am

Originally Posted by trouble747 (Post 24605076)
I think it has to be the exact same card for one to be discarded as a duplicate, but I'm not positive...

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone else comment on this?

CASACW2 Apr 2, 2015 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sethuel1 (Post 24603370)
I hadn't called yet but my $100 credit appeared a few hours ago. Chatted and made the request on the B of A website 3 days ago

I checked my statement this morning... 1 day after I called and chatted yesterday to figure out what's going on... and the $100 credit appeared. Yay!

zer0k1 Apr 2, 2015 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 24605354)
Thanks for the reply. Can anyone else comment on this?

Yes I have heard this many times

UA Fan Apr 2, 2015 2:59 pm

Sorry for this silly question. For the 2BM, would it work if one applies using Chrome and another using IE? The reason I ask is that when I last did this for Citi AA, I used IE and after each application deleted all temp files/cookies and then went to the next application. Which is the better method?

Blueskyheaven Apr 2, 2015 3:02 pm

Any recent 2BM success?

mrmandel Apr 2, 2015 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 24604438)
Overall my average account age is fairly short and this one is significantly the longest. They say they can submit a re-open request within 90 days, but that it will cause a hard pull. I am probably going to have to bite the bullet and do that.

Your account age won't be reduced by that closure, so I wouldn't waste a hard pull re-opening it.

DaveInLA Apr 2, 2015 10:51 pm

I got the impression on another thread that applying for 1 personal card and 1 business card at the same time will result in 2 HP; whereas 2 personal apps on the same day will only result in 1 HP. Is this correct? Also, I read on a blog that when churning this card, we should leave the FF number blank, then later call to combine the accounts. Is this still true? Does this apply to getting a personal and a biz card, or just 2 personal?

frudd38 Apr 3, 2015 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 24607407)
Any recent 2BM success?

7 posts up, buddy... Look further back and you'll see 3BM.