FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

cashcow Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am

To throw a little curveball your way, consider this: Was just approved for 2 personal cards (with $100 statement credit). All online, no recon necessary.

First card said decision pending, then I checked the online status and was immediately approved.

Next card was instantly approved for $17k. Both show in the application status check as approved.

Have a long term relationship with the bank (7-8 years). Preferred rewards checking account and Travel Rewards CC both open.

Do you think I should try a 3rd Alaska card, or try for the Cash Rewards™ Card for the $100 quick bonus?

robeast Jul 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Alaska CC to fund CU acct

I received my Alaska credit card and was looking to use this to fund a credit union account. Just wondering if anyone have ever used this or any other BofA credit cards for this purpose -- do they code as purchase or cash advance? I have funded with Chase cards and have had no problems as they code them as "purchase". I am hoping someone can confirm and/or share their experience with BofA credit cards.

robeast Jul 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by robeast (Post 25133040)
I received my Alaska credit card and was looking to use this to fund a credit union account. Just wondering if anyone have ever used this or any other BofA credit cards for this purpose -- do they code as purchase or cash advance? I have funded with Chase cards and have had no problems as they code them as "purchase". I am hoping someone can confirm and/or share their experience with BofA credit cards.

So I just answered my own post... I found some information on doctorofcredit regarding this. Looks like some people were able to fund with Alaska card and it was coded purchase.

dayone Jul 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25132603)
long time holder of the Travel Rewards CC.

I've had the card since before it was released and that was barely three years ago. It's a stretch to consider that "long time."

cashcow Jul 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 25133291)
I've had the card since before it was released and that was barely three years ago. It's a stretch to consider that "long time."

I had my card long before then, and it was converted to the Travel Rewards card a while back. Either way, I fail to see what value you added to the thread by arguing about your definition of "long time".

dayone Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25133325)
I had my card long before then

The bank on May 8, 2012 launched three new travel rewards credit cards – the BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card, the BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards Credit Card, and the WorldPoints Travel Rewards for Business Visa Credit Card – ostensibly to fulfill the desire of consumers who want easy-to-use travel rewards.
http://www.cardhub.com/edu/bank-of-a...-cards-review/

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25133325)
I fail to see what value you added to the thread by arguing about your definition of "long time".

Accuracy and perspective matter.

fletchbo Jul 18, 2015 6:50 am

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25132603)
To throw a little curveball your way, consider this: Was just approved for 2 personal cards (with $100 statement credit). All online, no recon necessary.

First card said decision pending, then I checked the online status and was immediately approved.

Next card was instantly approved for $17k. Both show in the application status check as approved.

Have a long term relationship with the bank (7-8 years). Preferred rewards checking account and Travel Rewards CC both open.

Do you think I should try a 3rd Alaska card, or try for the Cash Rewards™ Card for the $100 quick bonus?

That's good to hear, cashcow. Congrats. Seems B of A is inconsistent with 1 card limit.

Question: when filling out the CC applications, did you accept the option to "complete your application using your existing online acct" info, and have B of A pre-populate your app form?

on 6/5, near the time of the "crackdown" I also had second card, with decision pending status, approved four days after instant online approval, without recon involvement, but did NOT use auto-filled app form option with online login; not sure if it helps.

MDtR-Chicago Jul 19, 2015 10:05 am

Bloggers are people too

A gentle reminder that the FT Rules consider Bloggers to be people, too. Aggressive name-calling and commentary will not be allowed.

It is ok to have strong opinions; please be deliberate about the language you use to express them. Thank you.

MVF Trekker Jul 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Just to confirm but I got my statement credit almost a month after the date I completed the spend. It didn't post at the end of the next billing cycle though.

travelfreaks Jul 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker (Post 25141086)
Just to confirm but I got my statement credit almost a month after the date I completed the spend. It didn't post at the end of the next billing cycle though.

thats how it has always worked...this from wiki:

If there's a statement credit, when does it post:

Happy says:
Totally random. It seems it is batch-processed. Among 4 cards we have had, the quickest posted a week after meeting spend, the slowest posted 18 days after meeting spend. The other two were approx 2 weeks. Completely luck of draw when yours would be processed by who knows when is the cut off time for a batch.

It will post, automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. When the statement closes seems totally irrelevant.

savedbyhim01 Jul 20, 2015 2:39 am

What are the odds I can approved for an Alaska business card if I have 3 personals open? Should I close one or more of the personal cards first?

miles_navigator Jul 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Did BofA pull the $100 statement credit offer? The link is not working and gives a Timeout message.

Willbur Jul 21, 2015 9:52 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator (Post 25145260)
Did BofA pull the $100 statement credit offer? The link is not working and gives a Timeout message.

Here's a working one: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=2121825

mediator Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

My plat card is converted to sig card finally (i.e. shows up as "Visa Signature" in my BoA account). Took about two months. The 20,000 miles has NOT posted yet.

muji Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator (Post 25145260)
The link is not working and gives a Timeout message.

Originally Posted by Willbur (Post 25150035)
Here's a working one: ...

Just updated the Wiki with the new working link.