Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:44 pm

Does already having a Capital One card decrease likelihood of approval?

For those who have been approved for this offer, do you have a preexisting Capital One credit card ?

Also, for worldtraveller2: did you have a Capital One card?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by barbh2
For those who have been approved for this offer, do you have a preexisting Capital One credit card ?

I have a Cap One No Hassle Rewards card and was approved for this.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Folks - it's a good offer but think hard before you apply. Based on my personal experience and from an earlier poster above - Capital One has REALLY strict underwriting policies... They won't approve if you've been churning - even if you haven't missed a single payment.

Second - in my case, for a CC with a small (eventual) credit-limit, they did a hard-pull from ALL 3 credit bureaus.

I guess, Cap-1 no longer has the "differentiating" benefit on No Foreign Txn Fees - Many other cards (Chase / Citi) are now offering it. So Cap-1 is fighting back...which is good for us.

Anyways - if you all report back that approvals are easier (than I thought), I'll app for the wife... So look forward to your experiences.

Lastly, thanks to Tommy/Gary for posting another one of these great offers!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:57 pm

They did a hard pull on all 3 of my bureaus 2 years ago as well. DENIED with a 730+ credit score and no churning or missed payments or inqs. That issuer is wierd.
per terms
"your statement must be dated within six months of the time you submit it."

Last edited by scwam; Mar 9, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:57 pm

Do they really hit all three credit bureaus with a hard pull? I'm not familiar with Capital one's policies.

I just got turned down, even though i have a great credit score and only minimal churning the past 2 years. First denial I have had. Debating whether i should try the wife's, after my recent experience.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Great offer guys, thanks for sharing this info!

Just got instant approval, I told myself no FT before going to bed but I couldn't resist refreshing MilesBuzz just one more time before switching the computer off and boy I sure am glad I did.

Here is my data point:

In the past 12 months I got 5 personal cards and 2 small biz cards so a fair number of apps but no hardcore churning.

I have a credit score in the mid-high 700's last time I checked.

Good luck to everyone and I'd suggest jumping on this real quick...I have a feeling they're going to burn through those billion miles a lot faster than they think.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by longleaf
Do they really hit all three credit bureaus with a hard pull? I'm not familiar with Capital one's policies.

I just got turned down, even though i have a great credit score and only minimal churning the past 2 years. First denial I have had. Debating whether i should try the wife's, after my recent experience.
same here
minimal churning and first denial ever: score 990
So now I am having to do a 6 card churn tonight, because this is about the time of year I was going to do another churn and I figured I just got dinged on my credit (hard pull, but hopefully only ONE agency, not three!).

When I saw the offer, I thought this the one I should do, but alas:

"We couldn't approve you for the Capital OneŽ Credit Card and we'll follow up in writing within a couple of weeks to explain the specific reasoning behind our decision. "

So I just did the Barclays USA personal and business, then BofA's Alaska personal and business, so that makes 5 any other ideas?
I was going to stay away from CHASE for a little while!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:07 pm

Congratulations! You're approved.
You have been approved for a Capital OneŽ credit card. You should receive your card and welcome materials within 7-10 business days.

Will see what they need once I get the package. I'm curious about this part of the wording though :

You have been approved for a Capital OneŽ credit card.

It doesn't say Venture Card, which is the one that's doing the mileage-match. Doesn't say it's NOT a Venture Card, but if someone else could post the language of their approval, it would set my mind at ease!

Oh, and I've never had a Capital One card of any kind before.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:08 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by emeraldtx
Congratulations! You're approved.
You have been approved for a Capital OneŽ credit card. You should receive your card and welcome materials within 7-10 business days.

Will see what they need once I get the package. I'm curious about this part of the wording though :

You have been approved for a Capital OneŽ credit card.

It doesn't say Venture Card, which is the one that's doing the mileage-match. Doesn't say it's NOT a Venture Card, but if someone else could post the language of their approval, it would set my mind at ease!

Oh, and I've never had a Capital One card of any kind before.
Congrats! let us know how it goes!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:10 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by sorrowfull
The part that says 100,000 miles earned through a credit card program is what bugs me though. They could ask for statements that show the deposits coming from credit card accounts. I guess its best to just call them and ask. I'de bite on this for $1100 in travel credit.
Alaska AirlinesŽ VisaŽ Card
American AirlinesŽ Card
Continental AirlinesŽ Card
DeltaŽ SkyMilesŽ Card from American ExpressŽ
Frontier AirlinesŽ MasterCardŽ
Hawaiian AirlinesŽ Visa Card
JetBlueŽ Card from American Express
Spirit AirlinesŽ Free SPIRIT™ MasterCard
United Mileage PlusŽ Visa Card
US AirwaysŽ Dividend Miles MasterCard
Virgin AmericaŽ Visa Card

By listing only airline credit cards and not ff programs it seems it's only for miles from airline credit cards but I don't know how they'll separate them.

And it's for Capitol One "Venture Miles" - 100K worth $1000 travel purchase reimbursement, so no super deals on J or F like airline programs and every mile by definition worth $.01 , tops.

Something tells me they're only spending $1000 to get what they consider "blue chips"- ie: those who spend over $100K on another card.

Something's not right. I suspect they didn't get their language right and we'll find this is only for matching credit card miles with one program.

Last edited by tassojunior; Mar 9, 2011 at 10:37 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I just did an online "chat" with a rep. and he said you need to provide a statement that is no older than 6 months & it didn't matter where the miles came from, spending or flying.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by barbh2

Nope, never had a capital one card before
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
Approved, thanks OP. I've spent well over 100k on my United MP CC so I should be good to go no matter what.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:14 pm

I am hoping they dont do 3 credit pulls!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
no-man's-land

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital OneŽ credit card!

Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

In the interim, please do not submit another application, as only the first application received will be considered valid.

Either I'm dead in the water, or in their grey area... I'll call tomorrow to find out.

Score above 750, no adverse, no balances, a few new cards (Amx plat, Citi Amx most recent, moderate churning.). No previous Capital acounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.