Wiki Posts
Search

Should I join CO PP??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass, Starwood
Question Should I join CO PP??

Hi all, I am new to the forum but in need of serious help. I just moved to NYC from LA, my immediate family lives in CLE, hence why I am a Onepass member. This fall I begin my MBA in France and will have the option to study at their campus in Singapore as well as an exchange program in Philly.

Back in LA, I used to fly Virgin America for non-CLE bound flights. But now since I will be doing much more traveling, especially world traveling, I have started looking into a great international airline alliance to focus on flying. I chose to focus on *A because of Singapore Air, Lufthansa (to see my family in Poland), and Continental (b/c of my family in CLE). I am wondering now if it is a good idea to join Onepass Plus or Presidental Pass credit card with Continental?

I currently have a starwood amex (~50k) and Onepass which has been used infrequently (~20k remaining after reward flight). For foreign currency transactions, such as payments in France, I've already got a Venture card from CapOne, no annual fee and no foreign currency charges. I feel as if I am going about things pretty well so far, but am wondering if all that I am missing in my wallet is a loyalty program credit card to take advantage of lounges, easy upgrades, etc...

Would you recommend I get the Continental PP card? If so, will that card exist after the post-merger clauses get worked out?

Finally, I am looking to book a one way flight to CDG from JFK for my term start in mid Aug. Currently found a Swiss air deal for 598 on vayama.com, wanted to jump on it as it's part of star alliance and I would love to start to be credited. Is the one way a good idea or better to book a round trip even if I don't know when I could want to return leg date to be? Could be in December for winter break, or could go farther out, either way, would I be penalize for not even using the return leg? (If I didn't plan to, the one way flight is cheaper I suspect, no?)

Thank you for any and all help that you can provide.

best,
sztalk
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Closed because cross-posted here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...edit-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.