Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New Schwab Visa signature card not eligible for Concierge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Like many on the tail end of this thread ( here link ) I received my new Schwab signature visa as a replacement for the prior Schwab card.

The welcome letter mentioned all the great signature services including concierge which I've heard good things about ( fun story: Link )

I've tried to register for the visa concierge website but see that this card isn't valid for concierge services.

Is any else able to get concierge services for their new Schwab visa signature card?

Last edited by travelinjoe; May 31, 2010 at 7:44 am Reason: grammar
Old May 31, 2010, 9:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
To be sure we understand correctly, you tried to register here, is that correct?

https://www.visasignatureconcierge.com/login.asp
Old May 31, 2010, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
To be sure we understand correctly, you tried to register here, is that correct?

https://www.visasignatureconcierge.com/login.asp

Correct.
I also called the number on the site and the very pleasant agent working on Memorial day said the card shows as a Visa Classic.
The card most definitely has a "visa signature" banner across the front and the welcome letter fro Schwab explained the signature benefits.

I've tried to called Schwab but was on hold for a while and figured this could wait until the next business day.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
agreed....

When I type in the "new" Schwab account number, I get the message that I'm not eligible, but when I type in the old (now presumably deactivated number), I'm allowed to register. Go figure.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Confirmed with Schwab

I called Schwab and got their usual helpful and friendly staff.

They said that the cards were still being sent and the benefits (including concierge) weren't active yet.

I was advised it would be a week before the card will be active in the Visa Signature system.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:04 am

MyConcerge vs. Visa Signature Concierge

According to the FIA Benefit Information Center, the Schwab Signature Visa (both old and new numbers) is eligible for MyConcierge Service (managed by Les Concierges) and not Visa Concierge Service like other FIA-/BoA-issued signature cards.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
According to the FIA Benefit Information Center, the Schwab Signature Visa (both old and new numbers) is eligible for MyConcierge Service (managed by Les Concierges) and not Visa Concierge Service like other FIA-/BoA-issued signature cards.
Which one is the better/more helpful concierge service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.