Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

How to use UA GPU on COPA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

I tried to apply COPA GPU online on a UA flight but couldn't.

Anyone else has the same problem ??
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by easyguy
I tried to apply COPA GPU online on a UA flight but couldn't.

Anyone else has the same problem ??
You have to do it on the Copa website. Has worked fine for me. Are you sure there's upgrade availability? Have you purchased an eligible fare class?

This should probably be moved to the CM forum.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Kacee
You have to do it on the Copa website. Has worked fine for me. Are you sure there's upgrade availability? Have you purchased an eligible fare class?

This should probably be moved to the CM forum.
Why on Earth Copa's website should take United's certificates?
You can't apply them online however, have to call Mileage Plus and they will take care of it, usually takes some time and they can't be waitlisted
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by swaigiux
Why on Earth Copa's website should take United's certificates?
Because you don't understand the question

Copa issues 6 GPUs to its Presidental Plats which can be applied to UA flights.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Because you don't understand the question

Copa issues 6 GPUs to its Presidental Plats which can be applied to UA flights.
sorry, my bad
I just read a totally misleading title on the top:

Anyways, I'm a Presidential Platinum myself and had no problems to apply CM certificates online on UA flights
I'm also a UA 1K - and to use UA certificates, no matter regional or global for CM flights I always had to call UA
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by swaigiux
sorry, my bad
I just read a totally misleading title on the top:

Anyways, I'm a Presidential Platinum myself and had no problems to apply CM certificates online on UA flights
I'm also a UA 1K - and to use UA certificates, no matter regional or global for CM flights I always had to call UA
Ha! now I see that OP has basically asked it both ways - UA GPU and COPA GPU. So maybe it's my bad. Who knows
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:02 pm

Call It In

Just tried to apply two Copa GPUs to a UA itinerary online. I've successfully done this before, but the interface has changed and it didn't work this time - claimed fare class was ineligible (W fare).

Called Copa. First agent was exceptionally friendly but could not find my reservation through either Copa or UA. I was getting really nervous. He put me on hold to speak to a supervisor, and disconnected me instead.

Called back. Second Copa agent was a dream. One of the most pleasant cs reps I've ever dealt with. Got me quickly squared away with confirmed upgrades, no issues or all.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:32 pm

Are Copa's GPUs only good on Copa and United flights? Is there a way to use them on 006 tickets on lufthansa or other carriers with a united ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.