FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   bid for upgrade on COPA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/1665857-bid-upgrade-copa.html)

YadiMolina Aug 24, 2021 7:07 am

Search around here and the UA forum, CM Z upgrades failing to accrue for UA occurs routinely (maybe always). Keep good records and be prepared to file a missing miles claim with UA.

laxflyer14 Aug 24, 2021 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Milkman (Post 33515048)
That is also my experience from my many many upgrades on CM - paid and complimentary.

Thanks! Has this also been the case when your paid upgrade switched to a "Z" fare class?

Milkman Sep 3, 2021 2:31 am

Originally Posted by laxflyer14 (Post 33515714)
Thanks! Has this also been the case when your paid upgrade switched to a "Z" fare class?

I seem to remember that this was indeed the case.

TWA Guy Aug 9, 2022 7:13 pm

Any advice on PTY-IAD on a Friday night? Business class is completely empty but can't upgrade with UA miles or upgrade points. Range is $150-$270 with $200 bueno $225 fuerte and $250 excelente. I think J was only $270 more to buy since I bought a refundable ticket. Thanks!

JayhawkCO Aug 16, 2022 11:11 am

I'm assuming there is no such thing as bid to upgrade on award tickets? Flying CUN-PTY-MGA and wouldn't hate having lounge access in PTY.

EDIT - Just found the place to put in offers. Here goes nothing. $50 for CUN-PTY and $30 for PTY-MGA.

Milkman Aug 18, 2022 5:38 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO (Post 34519555)
I'm assuming there is no such thing as bid to upgrade on award tickets? Flying CUN-PTY-MGA and wouldn't hate having lounge access in PTY.

EDIT - Just found the place to put in offers. Here goes nothing. $50 for CUN-PTY and $30 for PTY-MGA.

Why do you want lounge access in PTY? There's no food, drink selection is very basic and cheap, it's normally loud. All the regular benefits of a lounge are gone with the wind here.

JayhawkCO Aug 18, 2022 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Milkman (Post 34524869)
Why do you want lounge access in PTY? There's no food, drink selection is very basic and cheap, it's normally loud. All the regular benefits of a lounge are gone with the wind here.

Well, I know it's not exactly The Wing, but my friend flying with me has never flown business/first class, so for $30 a person, we'd get a nicer seat and lounge access. Even with a crappy lounge, that's not a bad deal.

lastcallfordeparture Oct 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Just to share my recent experience. I bid $110 from Montreal to Panama (5h50m) , it was the cheapest option, poor and didn't get it. Then bid $70 also the cheapest option from Panama to Lima (3h34m) and got the upgrade to Business.

davvelavve Dec 12, 2022 12:21 pm

I could bid 30 dollar (Lowest) for a SJO-GUA flight. I have booking class X (award ticket). Does anyone know what the new bookingclass will be if my bid is confirmed?

Atlantico Apr 3, 2023 6:23 pm

Did you manage to get the upgrade? Which booking class are you booked in nowadays?

FlyingFrZ May 5, 2023 10:38 pm

Are you able to bid for an upgrade on a Copa award ticket booked through Flying Blue?

lovetotravelcheap Dec 3, 2023 12:24 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO (Post 34519555)

I booked an award ticket with United on Copa metal. Am I able to bid to upgrade? Flights are in February 2024 and I clicked on the Request an Upgrade link on the Copa website and when I put in my Copa record locator, it says "We are sorry, your reservation is not eligible to participate of this program."

Jayhawk: You said you had an award ticket. Was it booked with United?

BinbinChen Jan 10, 2024 8:59 am

Some times you get a really good deal after the bid! good luck

davidd418 Mar 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Going to book that same route

Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture (Post 34692160)
Just to share my recent experience. I bid $110 from Montreal to Panama (5h50m) , it was the cheapest option, poor and didn't get it. Then bid $70 also the cheapest option from Panama to Lima (3h34m) and got the upgrade to Business.

I am considering bidding for this itinerary. Hoping I get the winning bid on Panama to Lima flight so I can access to the lounge in Panama and get off the flight sooner to use the bathroom and beat the immigration crowd before collecting luggage. The bid amounts are the same. I am thinking of booking the lowest plus 1$