FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   bid for upgrade on COPA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/1665857-bid-upgrade-copa.html)

pmarrsouth Aug 29, 2016 10:03 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 27132811)
Were the meals of ok quality?

Don't get the Egg "thing" for breakfast on any of their flights imo. Rest is fine-good

fly747first Sep 1, 2016 9:54 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 27134838)
Don't get the Egg "thing" for breakfast on any of their flights imo. Rest is fine-good

Flew them last 2 years ago I think... the sundae for dinner was yummy.

todd-r Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Daoane (Post 25370542)
I'd like to bid for upgrades but read that the booking class is then changed to Z, which gives no miles at M&S.

Fare class now changes to 'R' at time bid upgrade is processed.

Flight credit is based on the oiginally booked coach booking class.

photographer2012 Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi

What is the current minimum bid for BOS-PTY-LIM?

Still high chances with the minimum?

savekenny Oct 9, 2017 3:48 am

I have an upcoming O/W PTY-EZE, and the min. Fly Up upgrade is $370 plus taxes. Are they kidding?!

joejones Dec 19, 2017 8:07 am

For an additional data point, I bid the minimum for IAD-PTY and back last week -- about $210 each way -- and failed to score both times.

gumercindo Jan 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 29192368)
For an additional data point, I bid the minimum for IAD-PTY and back last week -- about $210 each way -- and failed to score both times.

How many seats?

YadiMolina Sep 30, 2018 5:53 am

I bid $70 for BOG - PTY, on a last-minute ticket that was about $250. The meter said "pobre". It's a 70 minute flight. I won a day before the flight. J had 3 empty seats. I was quite happy with the price, which also got me entry to the new Copa Lounge in BOG.

pmarrsouth Sep 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina (Post 30262760)
I bid $70 for BOG - PTY, on a last-minute ticket that was about $250. The meter said "pobre". It's a 70 minute flight. I won a day before the flight. J had 3 empty seats.

You would have gotten a comp upgrade?

Originally Posted by YadiMolina (Post 30262760)
I was quite happy with the price, which also got me entry to the new Copa Lounge in BOG.

should be free for you anyway?

YadiMolina Oct 1, 2018 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 30264605)
You would have gotten a comp upgrade?
should be free for you anyway?

I credited the flight to a different *A program, so no upgrade.

Interesting point on the Club access though, thanks for bringing it up, I learned something. I am *A Gold via CM, so I guess technically I could have presented my ConnectMiles digital card with an economy ticket and gained access if the computer didn't recognize it.

Redwood839 Oct 17, 2018 7:17 am

Bid $235 for a PTY-LAX flight coming up which is in the yellow-green thing as bueno. If successful, it would still be about $400 than actually buying the business ticket.

pmarrsouth Oct 17, 2018 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Redwood839 (Post 30324415)
Bid $235 for a PTY-LAX flight coming up which is in the yellow-green thing as bueno. If successful, it would still be about $400 than actually buying the business ticket.

What date? I have been looking at SFO and LAX, and they are 0-2 business class seats left at T-48 (Gold upgrade window) for a lot of them. People are definitely targeting these planes, as the 737-800s are not as full at T-48 in general

jarwai Nov 1, 2018 7:58 am

Hi All,
Perhaps a newbie question here: I'm *A Gold on ANZ. Tomorrow I'm on CM for BGI-PTY-MSY.
I'm curious if anyone has experience with CM giving comp upgrades if there is still space in J?
I'm on a cheap Y and really don't want to shell out for an upgrade on such a short set of flights.

On a secondary note, the *A website isn't listing the lounge in PTY. Does anyone know if it is currently open for *A Gold?

pmarrsouth Nov 1, 2018 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jarwai (Post 30380794)
Hi All,
Perhaps a newbie question here: I'm *A Gold on ANZ. Tomorrow I'm on CM for BGI-PTY-MSY.
I'm curious if anyone has experience with CM giving comp upgrades if there is still space in J?
I'm on a cheap Y and really don't want to shell out for an upgrade on such a short set of flights.

On a secondary note, the *A website isn't listing the lounge in PTY. Does anyone know if it is currently open for *A Gold?

You won't get a comp upgrade for just having *G on anther *A airline

You will have lounge access though:
https://www.staralliance.com/en/airp...irportCode=PTY

jarwai Nov 1, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info!