Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Best Lounge in FRA

My family (self, wife, son) will be returning from a European vacation in mid-July and will be travelling from Frankfurt to IAH on CO Business First Z tickets. Both my wife and I are Platinum (Star Alliance Gold). What is the best lounge to use and why? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The Tower lounge, because it is near your gate, has decent views and is one you will have access to. Search for FRA Lounge here is you need more explanation but that's the gist of it.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I quite liked the Tower Lounge when I visited it this past May. Fresh fruit in the morning, and croissants with jellies. Nice seating, and great views. A bit crowded.
Have a good trip.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You only have one choice beyond security and as mentioned, it is the Tower Lounge. There were two lounges in this area about a year ago, but they are remodeling and now you have no choice. (I hope when you fly in you are able to use the LH FRA international arrivals lounge, it is really a treat!!! It is about 500% better than the Tower lounge, but very few people use it).

I was in the Tower lounge this past Friday (July 2), and it was VERY crowded. About 5 minutes waiting for an elevator up. The elevator line down was very long at times also, but no line when I left. There are two very slow elevators that hold three people with luggage, four if you squeeze, so that is why there can be lines.

I believe it is the summer rush/crush as the lounge was not this crowded in May. But just the FRA-EWR flights are larger, with CO using a 777 instead of a 767 and LH using a 747 instead of a 333 for the summer, so just those two flights add a large number of business customers.

Once you get in and find a place to sit, the food, snack and drink selection is very nice, they even have a grilled sandwich/pannini station. And the booze is pour your own, so that's a big plus if you drink.

Internet is pay as you go, that, the crowds and the slow elevators are the only minuses.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all! The Tower lounge it is!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
this is a similar question but for an outbound EWR-FRA. I am flying BusinessFirst and have two friends on the same itinerary but in coach. Will they be able to join me in the arrivals lounge in FRA?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm pretty sure that no guests are permitted in the FRA Welcome lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.