Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN connecting from UA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

DEN connecting from UA

We will be arriving DEN on UA and then have to connect to CO. I was reading that the check-in counters were merged at DEN in January. How about the gates? And is 45 minutes connection time sufficient?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
CO is now on concourse B where UA is. Gates aren't merged yet but you're in the same place. As is US, so all domestic *A connections are on the same concourse, with international *A carriers a quick subway airside trip away in concourse A.

Concourse B is long, but there are slidewalks the whole length except for the regional extension (B70-something and up). 45 minutes is normally fine. Of course it's winter, 45 min is always a bit tight for my taste at any airport, but I wouldn't worry much. I never connect at DEN because it's one of my home airports, but I'm plenty familiar with how long it takes to get one end.

Keep in mind UA used to sell mainline-to-Ted connections with 45min time, back when Ted (RAR!) was on concourse A.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:13 pm

It really depends where you end up arriving in B. CO is all the way down at the low numbers, so if you're coming in on mainline UA it could be real close or pretty far. If you're coming in on UAX well then you might have to book it a bit.

The one thing about boarding on CO is that you should have elite access. If boarding has started by the time you get there you can go right up to the elite side and go right on.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

I do assume that Concourse B is the concourse where the two DEN UA RCCs are? I have connected there many times, from high to low numbers so I should have no problems then. As usual I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your help.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I do assume that Concourse B is the concourse where the two DEN UA RCCs are? I have connected there many times, from high to low numbers so I should have no problems then. As usual I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your help.
Most of the time, it seems that UA overstates their arrival time, so I think you should be fine. Concourse B has the two RCC clubs. CO is on the the west side - I think B18-20. CO gates are about a five minute walk, if that, from RCC West.

I've connected, or flown, a bit too much from DEN. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Yes, both RCCs are on Concourse B. I have been flying out of DEN since it opened, and regularly connect through there. I've had five minute connections, and have made it, albeit out of breath.. UA really pads the flight times, so you should arrive 10-25 minutes early..

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.