Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Didn't re-qualify for Silver Elite this year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club

Had a long personal illness & wasn't able to fly as much as I normally do. I checked up on a flight I'm taking later this month & noticed I'm still "Silver Elite." I thought I wouldn't have elite status once 2009 began. When will CO notice that I'm a nobody once more?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by KFinTX
Had a long personal illness & wasn't able to fly as much as I normally do. I checked up on a flight I'm taking later this month & noticed I'm still "Silver Elite." I thought I wouldn't have elite status once 2009 began. When will CO notice that I'm a nobody once more?
You'll remain Silver Elite until the end of February at which point you be back to paper, dirt, what every name you want to give non-elite.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Everything resets at the end of February if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, I hope you're doing better healthwise.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Thanks Steve & Olton! Yes, I am doing much better now.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
Thanks Steve & Olton! Yes, I am doing much better now.
Glad you are recovered...

Now get back to work on that status
Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:56 pm

Sad, my elite status will be coming to an end in March too. No more Gold....
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BuddyPass
Sad, my elite status will be coming to an end in March too. No more Gold....
How does one attain elite status and work for CO at the same time?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Simple, he got it before starting to work for them.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
You can't. Employees are specifically prohibited from participating in the OnePass program.

El Jefe
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Same here. We did not qualify for anything b/c of the high fares most of last year. We will try to get at least Silver before our Plat goes away by the end of Feb. Looking to take advantage of some Europe MRs.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Simple, he got it before starting to work for them.
Or earned it while an employee. Other employees have posted that they have OnePass accounts they use when they pay to travel — and some of them do it often enough to become an elite member.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by el_jefe
You can't. Employees are specifically prohibited from participating in the OnePass program.

El Jefe
I do not believe that this is accurate.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: Continential Platinum, WPerks Platinum,Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum , Avis Chairman's Circle
You only drop one level

Sorry to hear about your illness, that is always a bummer to hear. The quickest way back to Silver is Y or A fares. If you flew as much as I did you could be back to Silver in about 2 1/2 - 3 months (based on a basic round trip at 150% EQM).

Also, just remind folks if you have a status you only drop one level per year methinks (if my memory serves me correctly).

I hope you are feeling better.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstrike
Also, just remind folks if you have a status you only drop one level per year methinks (if my memory serves me correctly).
No soft landings with CO. You fall of the grid to join the masses.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Silver elite is becoming essentially 'wallet candy'. Get their expensive PC credit card once your status disappears at the end of Feb....it's almost the same thing... minus the :-: enhanced :-: bonus and the non-existent upgrades. You get free luggage and elite access lines etc....as well as PC access. I think one could put forth an argument that it is a better deal than doing a MR to achieve Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.