FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Continental Lounge Sponsorship Request! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/797050-continental-lounge-sponsorship-request.html)

sam1168 Mar 2, 2008 7:34 pm

Continental Lounge Sponsorship Request!

Hi

I am flying from YOW to DEL on Thursday, March 6 via EWR. Following is my itinerary.

Thu, 06MAR08 28921 S OTTAWA ONT.
(YOW) 11:25AM NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 12:48PM ERJ-135

Thu, 06MAR08 82 S NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 8:40PM DELHI INDIA
(DEL) 9:20PM (07MAR) 777-200 Dinner

Sat, 05APR08 83 Q DELHI INDIA
(DEL) 10:50PM NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 4:35AM 777-200 Dinner

Sun, 06APR08 25122 Q NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 1:35PM OTTAWA ONT.
(YOW) 3:02PM ERJ-145

I have an almost 9 hour layover both ways. I was wondering or rather should say hoping, somebody would be kind enough to sponsor me to the CO lounge.:D. Would greatly appreciate it.

Flyer_70 Mar 2, 2008 7:40 pm

Look at the very first post in this forum.... ;)

canuck_in_pa Mar 3, 2008 7:19 am

A day pass is $45, well worth it for 9 hours of free booze and wifi.

gbryan84 Mar 3, 2008 7:28 am

You pay my $24 r/t bus fair from Manhattan and Ill get you in. Nothing else to do on a Sunday morning at 5 am :D. At least its a little cheaper than the $45 day pass.

fly co to see the yanks Mar 3, 2008 8:02 am

Originally Posted by gbryan84 (Post 9348994)
You pay my $24 r/t bus fair

$24 is "fair" for that bus trip. it's cheaper than car service.

now, if you want him to pay your "fare," that's a whole 'nuther story. ;)

SunLover Mar 3, 2008 8:06 am

Live a little...

Spending nine hours behind security at a PClub? That would make a very long trip seem even longer. There are plenty of historical threads regarding things to do during an extended layover at EWR.

SunLover

WhozerFlyer Mar 3, 2008 10:18 am

Originally Posted by sam1168 (Post 9347143)
I have an almost 9 hour layover both ways. I was wondering or rather should say hoping, somebody would be kind enough to sponsor me to the CO lounge.:D. Would greatly appreciate it.

You would be best off taking NJTransit to NY for about $30/rt, take the airtrain from C to the EWR train station and hop onto the train -- there's only 2 stops max before you get to Penn Station. 9 hours or so is a LONG time at the PC

fly co to see the yanks Mar 3, 2008 10:35 am

Originally Posted by WhozerFlyer (Post 9349759)
9 hours or so is a LONG time at the PC

not if there were biscotti, doritos, and/or milanos. ;)

colpuck Mar 3, 2008 10:38 am

It would fair well for the OP to make sure that $24 is a fair fare to pay for the fairly long trip from NYC to the not so fair Newark Airport. The op should also make sure the weather is fair, and allow a fair amount of time for fairly long ATC holds, lest he miss his connection because he did not include a fair enough amount of time and now he has to pay an unfair fare penalty to make sure he gets to BOM in a fair amount of time.:p

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Tummy Mar 3, 2008 10:39 am

Beggar. It's $45 for a day pass.

Paulo Mar 3, 2008 7:56 pm

While the PC is a nicer place to hang out than the food court, I would still rather eat my own young than to stay there for 9 hours! Not to mention that you might be denied boarding after 9 hours of free booze!! :(

Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon. There are a hundred other ways.

Or even go across the highway and hang out at IKEA! Lame, but beats 9 hours at EWR!!

canuck_in_pa Mar 3, 2008 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Paulo (Post 9352746)
Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon. There are a hundred other ways.

Or even go across the highway and hang out at IKEA! Lame, but beats 9 hours at EWR!!

Well, the same OP started a thread recently about how to get to a mall close to the airport. The consensus pretty much was that he should go into NYC instead. I guess he decided not to do that and started another thread instead.

Paulo Mar 3, 2008 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa (Post 9353100)
Well, the same OP started a thread recently about how to get to a mall close to the airport. The consensus pretty much was that he should go into NYC instead. I guess he decided not to do that and started another thread instead.

Missed the prior. Jersey Gardens Mall is quite close (less than $10 cab), but also quite ghetto.

NYC is the better option, but I know a lot of people are intimidated by it. Just do some homework, and it ain't so bad.

Come on, guy! We NYers aren't all so bad! Give us a try! Might make for an unforgettable day!!

COFan Mar 4, 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Paulo (Post 9352746)
Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon.

While I agree the OP should head into the city. I don’t think he should waste precious hours at the MOMA :p Go visit the Met (they actually have art there :D ) or better yet make a pilgrimage to Yankee Stadium

sorry I know its off topic, but I could not resist

Stripe Mar 4, 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by COFan (Post 9355639)
While I agree the OP should head into the city. I don’t think he should waste precious hours at the MOMA :p Go visit the Met (they actually have art there :D )

^^

I second the idea to go into NYC on the outbound, but I would recommend spending the $45 for the PC on the return. There's nothing else to do on a Sunday morning and a shower after the flight from DEL in Y would feel mighty good.