FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Continual problems logging in to CO.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/793004-continual-problems-logging-co-com.html)

thegeneral Feb 21, 2008 6:55 am

Continual problems logging in to CO.com

I'm trying to login to my account on Continental.com, but it when I enter my login info, it just brings me back to the login page. I'm using Firefox on XP and my steps for this are to go to the CO.com main page, click on login at the top and then try to login.

To make this worse, there's no way that I can find in the contact us section to report website problems.

Anyone else having this problem?

sbm12 Feb 21, 2008 6:58 am

Are you clicking on the login button or pressing enter when you've typed in your pin/pw? If you're pressing enter try clicking the button. There have been issues in the past with the enter key not binding to the correct form on the site, resulting in what you see.

Also you can search through the sticky at the top of this forum regarding co.com issues.

mrtruman Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am

Originally Posted by thegeneral (Post 9288640)
I'm trying to login to my account on Continental.com, but it when I enter my login info, it just brings me back to the login page. I'm using Firefox on XP and my steps for this are to go to the CO.com main page, click on login at the top and then try to login.

To make this worse, there's no way that I can find in the contact us section to report website problems.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem.

patalan Feb 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Same problem here... sometimes I enter my info as many as 8-9 times and then it will finally log me on. But never before 4 or 5! I have tried pressing enter and clicking on log on or whatever it says.

RNE Feb 22, 2008 3:19 am

After two unsuccessful tries, I click on "Sign In" and then try again. It usually works.

ralfp Feb 22, 2008 2:53 pm

I pointed this out in the CO.com bug post. It's been a problem for a long time. You'd think this would be easy to fix. Every other web site correctly handles the Enter key.

Very annoying.

OPFlyer Feb 22, 2008 5:16 pm

It works just fine for me using AOL.

Mr.Nuke Feb 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Firefox simply doesn't allow me to login. The CO site is about the only thing I use IE for.

mbreuer Feb 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke (Post 9298592)
Firefox simply doesn't allow me to login. The CO site is about the only thing I use IE for.

Firefox is all I use - works all the time. Perhaps there is some other problem?

CAL PHL FLYER Feb 22, 2008 8:24 pm

No problems here..I booked at room at the Newark Airport Hilton on continental.com last night for $89 (the same best rate as Hilton.com) had..but i used continental.com so I would get the 250 OnePass miles for using continental.com to book the hotel..:)..Im glad i did..when i got in this morning the roads were icy and snowing.

ralfp Feb 23, 2008 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke (Post 9298592)

Have you tried clicking the button instead of hitting the enter key after entering the PIN? It took me a while to even realize what was going on.

gumflyer Feb 25, 2008 6:12 am

same problem here

I'm having the same problem. I am using Firefox on XP. The homepage doesn't allow me to sign in. I always have to click on the "my account" link at the top to enter my log in information. I have tried both the enter button and using the mouse from the homepage. Neither works for me. Odd thing is that sometimes it works on other computers from the homepage, but not ever from my home computer. I have no problems at all on IE.

Hartmann Feb 25, 2008 7:19 am

I have this problem on both Windows and Macs on Firefox (and occasionally Camino).

Neither clicking the button nor hitting enter work.

LAhatetofly Feb 25, 2008 1:13 pm

I've had this problem a few times, but if I close and reopen the browser (either Firefox or IE), then I'm able to login the first time...

Mr.Nuke Feb 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ralfp (Post 9299857)
Have you tried clicking the button instead of hitting the enter key after entering the PIN? It took me a while to even realize what was going on.

Thanks for the tip. That seemed to do the trick.