Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental taking extra long to post mileage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I'll make it quick. My wife and I took flights on continental last Dec. 27th. I'm a Delta FF, she's continental, but my miles have posted while hers have not! (She's close to Silver).

Anyone know if continental is having a delay for posted miles? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: OnePass GOLD
My miles for flight on 12/26 have not posted yet either. Noticed that on co.com, that the statement of how long it will take for miles to post has been removed from the "Earn Miles" page. It used to say miles from CO flights will post within 5 days. I can't find that anywhere now.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: CO Platinum HH Diamond VIP Hertz 5 Star Gold Avis First Preferred
Same for me, outbound flight on 12/26 return on 12/28, tried to report missing flight online but recieved an error message saying that I needed to wait seven days before submitting a request. flights for me usually don't take more than 3-4 days to post (CO Onepass #).
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:27 am
Original Poster

I called continental and a representative told me it could take longer than 7-10 days for it to post! I guess after the week waiting then we can push it online.
It would be ok, but I can't believe Delta has already given me the miles before continental on continental metal.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
I'm still waiting for my LHR to JFK (VS) to post from 12/20 (and the return from 12/29) . . . granted that's a partner flight so it might take a little longer.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
My flight from 12/26 also has not yet posted. CO seems to be taking longer and longer to post these days. DL flights, for example, take much less time to post to CO than CO flights.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I have noticed that all of my DL flights have posted before CO flights. DL may not do a lot right, but they have a great FF computer system.

If you are medallion member, you DL flights will credit before the plane lands.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

My miles from a CO flight on 12/26 posted this morning. Miles from a NW flight on the same day have not.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 5:07 pm

hmm

Originally Posted by sdm1130
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

My miles from a CO flight on 12/26 posted this morning. Miles from a NW flight on the same day have not.
Odd. My points from the 26th (mileage/point run) have not posted. As long as they are credited for 07 I could care less.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
My CO flights on 12/19, 12/20, and 12/22 all posted within a day. My flight on 12/27 has not yet posted.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
My outbound 12/23 flight posted, but the return hasn't. I figured it had something to do with the holidays.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
My 12/27 flight just posted within the last hour or so.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
a 12/28 flight of mine on CO just posted about 10 minutes ago - 12:20am Jan 1 EST.
A little longer than usual, but it posted
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
The delays are caused by computer systems that are not integrated...not unique to CO.

At CO, AA, etc, the departure control system that tracks if you have actually boarded and departed a flight has not been fully integrated with the FF system that tracks and posts miles. Typically, the departure control information is sent over to the FF system as part of a batch processing process (not live feed) 2 to 3 days after a flight departure. At that point, flown miles get loaded into FF system. There can be delays for various reasons in this processing.

DL is one of the few carriers that has made this an almost real-time process. Upon flight close out, departure control data is immediately sent to the FF system for posting. On DL, you will typically already have the miles in your Skymiles account when you land.

In the case of partner miles posting, the data is sent to the partner carrier's FF system...CO in this case. Seems strange I know that DL flight's would post before CO operated flights to Onepass, but understandable given the differences in how millage posting is handled at CO and DL from the departure system.

CO just signed a major deal to redo there res and departure control systems with EDS that may eventually solve this time lag. But, don't get your hopes up this will change soon. It is several years out before a new system goes live.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
My 12/26 flight finally posted today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.