FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   753 showing 764 seat map online (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/679361-753-showing-764-seat-map-online.html)

sbm12 Apr 5, 2007 9:02 am

753 showing 764 seat map online

Just went to do OLCI for my flight this evening (CO 293, MCO-EWR). The plane is listed as a 753 but the seat map in F is showing 2-1-2 layout for 7 rows. It will let me assign myself the KL seats, though I don't dare try it for real and risk losing a decent seat assignment.

Am I likely to see an a/c substitution tonight, or is co.com just hosed? Picture is here if you want to see it for yourself.

S.

MilesDavis Apr 5, 2007 9:03 am

Why not call and see if there has been a sub?

MBM3 Apr 5, 2007 9:04 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 7531589)
Just went to do OLCI for my flight this evening (CO 293, MCO-EWR). The plane is listed as a 753 but the seat map in F is showing 2-1-2 layout for 7 rows. It will let me assign myself the KL seats, though I don't dare try it for real and risk losing a decent seat assignment.

Am I likely to see an a/c substitution tonight, or is co.com just hosed? Picture is here if you want to see it for yourself.

S.

In my experience this means it is an equipment swap. :)

UA Insider Apr 5, 2007 9:15 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 7531589)

S.

Hi sbm12, our flight 293 today from MCO to EWR has indeed been swapped to a 767-400. When we make uscheduled aircraft substitutions like this, the aircraft type will still show as the originally-scheduled aircraft. The availability and the seat map, however, will reflect the new aircraft.

MBM3 Apr 5, 2007 9:20 am

Is it just me or does it seem like CO is having some reliability issues with the 753s?

Xyzzy Apr 5, 2007 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MBM3 (Post 7531728)
Is it just me or does it seem like CO is having some reliability issues with the 753s?

I've seen more of them on the EWR-SFO route lately. Also, many flights tonight are packed with people going places for Easter. I suspect they just needed to right-size the number of seats going to MCO.

rkkwan Apr 5, 2007 10:56 am

Looking at data on flightaware.com, they do substitute a 764 to MCO quite often.

sbm12 Apr 5, 2007 11:05 am

Yahooooo!!!

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of happy elites getting upgraded today, and to the BF-equipped aircraft no less.