753 showing 764 seat map online

Old Apr 5, 07, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

753 showing 764 seat map online

Just went to do OLCI for my flight this evening (CO 293, MCO-EWR). The plane is listed as a 753 but the seat map in F is showing 2-1-2 layout for 7 rows. It will let me assign myself the KL seats, though I don't dare try it for real and risk losing a decent seat assignment.

Am I likely to see an a/c substitution tonight, or is co.com just hosed? Picture is here if you want to see it for yourself.

S.
Old Apr 5, 07, 10:03 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Why not call and see if there has been a sub?
Old Apr 5, 07, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Just went to do OLCI for my flight this evening (CO 293, MCO-EWR). The plane is listed as a 753 but the seat map in F is showing 2-1-2 layout for 7 rows. It will let me assign myself the KL seats, though I don't dare try it for real and risk losing a decent seat assignment.

Am I likely to see an a/c substitution tonight, or is co.com just hosed? Picture is here if you want to see it for yourself.

S.
In my experience this means it is an equipment swap.
Old Apr 5, 07, 10:15 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post

S.
Hi sbm12, our flight 293 today from MCO to EWR has indeed been swapped to a 767-400. When we make uscheduled aircraft substitutions like this, the aircraft type will still show as the originally-scheduled aircraft. The availability and the seat map, however, will reflect the new aircraft.
Old Apr 5, 07, 10:20 am

Is it just me or does it seem like CO is having some reliability issues with the 753s?
Old Apr 5, 07, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MBM3 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like CO is having some reliability issues with the 753s?
I've seen more of them on the EWR-SFO route lately. Also, many flights tonight are packed with people going places for Easter. I suspect they just needed to right-size the number of seats going to MCO.
Old Apr 5, 07, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Looking at data on flightaware.com, they do substitute a 764 to MCO quite often.
Old Apr 5, 07, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Yahooooo!!!

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of happy elites getting upgraded today, and to the BF-equipped aircraft no less.

Search this Thread