Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rudest Passenger EVER!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Rudest Passenger EVER!

I just started flying Continental after moving to NJ, and my return trip earlier this week was HORRIBLE. I tried to be polite and carry on a conversation with a fellow passenger of questionable ilk. I brought up various subjects, some completely inane, just to get a pulse from this guy, and still..... no reciprocating conversation. I tried to chat, joke, tease and cajole this bump-on-a-log and I still got short, curt, uninteresting retorts.

I can't continue to fly an airline that pays such little attention toward making the cabin a fun, and friendly place to spend time. Does anyone know if this is Continental policy or was I on an extremely bad flight on a really bad day?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:16 pm

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:19 pm

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
Ever considered that the passenger might not have been in any mood for a conversation and thinking about you as a horrible passenger as you kept bogging him?
Eventually he just wanted to enjoy the silence, read, work, do some mind games or just hope that time passed by without being disturbed all the time by somebody trying to start a conversation which he believed would not yield anything for him.

As long as people don't scream, snort, smell or extend their kingdom across the arm rest, I would not consider anybody as a horrible passenger.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Welcome to FT.

Ironically, I find it rude when you are trying to do your own thing on a flight and your neighbour insists on talking to you repeatedly, and they just won't shut up

See this thread for a similar topic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=talk

Cheers
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Mcguinty
I can't continue to fly an airline that pays such little attention toward making the cabin a fun, and friendly place to spend time. Does anyone know if this is Continental policy or was I on an extremely bad flight on a really bad day?
I think it has been many years since any airline's coach cabin could have been referred to as "a fun and friendly place to spend time". If you find one, please let me know, as I would love to fly with them.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: NW Gold, CO, DL, US
[I can't continue to fly an airline that pays such little attention toward making the cabin a fun, and friendly place to spend time. Does anyone know if this is Continental policy or was I on an extremely bad flight on a really bad day?[/QUOTE]

You're quite right. The airline should not allow any passengers to board who are not... smiley, happy people holding hands.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platnum, Avis Prefered Select, AMEX PLAT, National Exec Emerald
CO is not Southwest. People who try to make conversation with me on a flight are actually the reason BOSE now has $300.00 of my money. If CO started to operate like SWA I would switch airlines in a heartbeat.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:15 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
I think it has been many years since any airline's coach cabin could have been referred to as "a fun and friendly place to spend time". If you find one, please let me know, as I would love to fly with them.

Hooter's Air, maybe?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Ha

Originally Posted by norisk
Hooter's Air, maybe?
I was about to write "Hooter's Air" as well. Has anyone ever flow this? I fly to ATL all the time and I see the Hooter's Air sign in the baggage claim just wondering how they are alive. I would love to have seen the pitch for the launch of that business.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Lightbulb

CO targets a more of a Business type flyer than the Leisure flyer that Southwest or Airtran targets..if you want more of a bus ride experience,id suggest those carriers.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:30 am

IMHO I do believe that the original post was a satire directed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=talk. It never ceases to amaze me how things get blown out of proportion. So read both threads, sit back and have a good time.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by voltron
I was about to write "Hooter's Air" as well. Has anyone ever flow this? I fly to ATL all the time and I see the Hooter's Air sign in the baggage claim just wondering how they are alive. I would love to have seen the pitch for the launch of that business.
Umm, I guess you guys missed it, but Hooter's Air announced yesterday that they will cease regularly scheduled pax service (non-charter) on April 17th.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
Umm, I guess you guys missed it, but Hooter's Air announced yesterday that they will cease regularly scheduled pax service (non-charter) on April 17th.
And what does this have to do with CO?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:38 am
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
nice...

ROFL

Where is Elite_NoMore's response?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by docr775
IMHO I do believe that the original post was a satire directed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=talk. It never ceases to amaze me how things get blown out of proportion. So read both threads, sit back and have a good time.
Rats. I was hoping that the count of serious retorts would reach about 25 before someone spoiled the fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.